Cars Losing Colour in VC

As subject, loaded a saved game today, and all the cars were white! I even
started a new game, just in case my save game was screwed up. Any ideas
gang?

Cheers.
14 answers Last reply
More about cars losing colour

    Did you use any cheats?

    --
    Callen Damornen's World
    http://www.callendamornen.co.uk

    "Jason" <j@a.b> wrote in message
    > As subject, loaded a saved game today, and all the cars were white! I even
    > started a new game, just in case my save game was screwed up. Any ideas
    > gang?
    >
    > Cheers.

    The only cheat I have used in the past is for weapons. but like I said, the
    problem was still there after I started a new game from scratch.

    In message <EdnYd.2542$QN1.835@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>
    "Jason" <j@a.b> wrote:

    > As subject, loaded a saved game today, and all the cars were white! I even
    > started a new game, just in case my save game was screwed up. Any ideas
    > gang?

    Many players have experienced problems with safehouse garages "eating"
    the paintwork of custom cars. ere any of yours modded from Loco Low Co,
    Transfender or Wheel Arch Angels?

    It seems to happen in the game's main garages; CJ's house and SF
    safehouse.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Jason wrote:

    > The only cheat I have used in the past is for weapons. but like I said, the
    > problem was still there after I started a new game from scratch.
    >
    > "Callen Damornen/Judi Copeland" <mytigodess@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > Did you use any cheats?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Callen Damornen's World
    > > http://www.callendamornen.co.uk
    > >
    > > "Jason" <j@a.b> wrote in message
    > > > As subject, loaded a saved game today, and all the cars were white! I
    > even
    > > > started a new game, just in case my save game was screwed up. Any ideas
    > > > gang?
    > > >
    > > > Cheers.

    SA seems to have the ability to remember details even after a restart,
    just look at my 'gagging for it' post. Your answer may be to actually
    remove the data from your card before playing the game again.
    --
    Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
    Stop and Look

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:30:28 +0000, Jason wrote:

    > As subject, loaded a saved game today, and all the cars were white! I
    > even started a new game, just in case my save game was screwed up. Any
    > ideas gang?

    i managed to collect the bullet/fire/explosion/damage proof tampa from the
    "nines and ak's" mission and stored it in the ganton safe house garage.

    when i completed "cesar vialpando", i stored the modded car in the same
    garage.

    now, in the "bullet-proof cars" faq, it states that you must visit the
    garages storing special/modded cars regularly to make sure they are still
    there or they haven't turned white. guess what i wasn't doing? :-)

    anyway, i started "high stakes, low rider" and went to the garage to
    collect my modded car... not only had it lost its paint job, my
    "everything proof" tampa was gone!

    i checked through my save games and although the low rider was still
    white, my tampa was there after "robbing uncle sam", which meant i had to
    _that_ mission again.

    you guessed it, "life's a beach".

    the moral to the story is: check up on the garages that contain
    special/modded vehicles regularly!

    here's the faq, by the way... a recommended read. not only does it tell
    you how to get special vehicles, it tells you how to keep them and most
    importantly, which garages are "dodgy":

    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_bulletproof.txt
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Jason" <j@a.b> wrote in message
    > As subject, loaded a saved game today, and all the cars were white! I even
    > started a new game, just in case my save game was screwed up. Any ideas
    > gang?
    >
    > Cheers.

    Did you spill bleach on your PS2?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Thanks for all the replies, but they all mention San Andreas, but if you
    look at my message's header, it says VC - * VICE CITY *

    I hope the same applies for VC as is does for SA.

    "Jason" <j@a.b> wrote in message
    > As subject, loaded a saved game today, and all the cars were white! I even
    > started a new game, just in case my save game was screwed up. Any ideas
    > gang?
    >
    > Cheers.

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:49:46 +0000, Jason wrote:

    > Thanks for all the replies, but they all mention San Andreas, but if you
    > look at my message's header, it says VC - * VICE CITY *
    >
    > I hope the same applies for VC as is does for SA.

    nvidia video drivers?

    check out google...
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Up to date. Next?

    "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:49:46 +0000, Jason wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks for all the replies, but they all mention San Andreas, but if you
    > > look at my message's header, it says VC - * VICE CITY *
    > >
    > > I hope the same applies for VC as is does for SA.
    >
    > nvidia video drivers?
    >
    > check out google...
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Jason" <j@a.b> wrote in message
    > Up to date. Next?
    >

    > "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:49:46 +0000, Jason wrote:
    >>
    >> > Thanks for all the replies, but they all mention San Andreas, but if
    >> > you
    >> > look at my message's header, it says VC - * VICE CITY *
    >> >
    >> > I hope the same applies for VC as is does for SA.
    >>
    >> nvidia video drivers?
    >>
    >> check out google...

    Have you tired Pay N' Spray...see if you can get a new colour that way?
    Are the police cars all white also?
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > Have you tired Pay N' Spray...see if you can get a new colour that way?
    > Are the police cars all white also?

    Yep, tried that too. And yes, even the police cars are white - along with
    choppers, trucks - everything.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 04:43:02 +0000, Jason wrote:

    > "bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:49:46 +0000, Jason wrote:
    >>
    >> > Thanks for all the replies, but they all mention San Andreas, but if
    >> > you look at my message's header, it says VC - * VICE CITY *
    >> >
    >> > I hope the same applies for VC as is does for SA.
    >>
    >> nvidia video drivers?
    >>
    >> check out google...

    > Up to date.

    that's the problem.

    > Next?

    check out google...
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > >> nvidia video drivers?
    > >>
    > >> check out google...
    >
    > > Up to date.
    >
    > that's the problem.

    By jove, he's got it! Cheers Bryan - went back to an earlier set of nVidia
    drivers, worked a treat.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 01:02:54 +0000, Jason wrote:

    >> > Up to date.
    >>
    >> that's the problem.
    >
    > By jove, he's got it! Cheers Bryan

    :-)