V710 and OBEX

Last response: in Network Providers
June 29, 2005 2:52:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

I just found this on Motorola's web site:

"The V710 phone hardware regardless of carrier software does not support
the SPP (Serial Port Profile) or OBEX (Object Exchange) profile that
most devices require to access the phonebook or transfer files. These
features can not be added via a software upgrade. Particularly this is
an issue when customers want to get their phonebook out of the phone and
into their non-Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit. Our Motorola IHF1000 and OEM
Telematics Bluetooth Car Kits allow access to the phonebook through the
Bluetooth connection using the Motorola AT commands available to
registered developers at www.motocoder.com."

<https://motorola.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/motorola.cfg/php/...
hp?p_admin=1&p_userid=177&p_passwd=u8ZqM5YrTNBhaBbppUzEz/&p_faqid=4136&p_
created=1092940495>

<http://tinyurl.com/d5yd&gt;

More about : v710 obex

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 5:57:27 PM

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>I just found this on Motorola's web site:
>
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.

You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated by your
adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President who is trying to
keep us safe from terrorists.

Ed
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 5:57:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <l7udnYwXE8mafF_fRVn-iA@comcast.com>,
"Special Ed" <spled@dropout.edu> wrote:

> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated
> by your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President
> who is trying to keep us safe from terrorists.

Anything intelligent you may have to contribute has yet to appear. And
unlike smarmy ignorant knee-jerk bushbots, I know that Bush is not
trying to keep us safe from terrorists.

If you grow up enough to be able to think for yourself, get back to us.

June 29, 2005 9:18:31 PM

"Special Ed" <spled@dropout.edu> wrote in message
> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> >I just found this on Motorola's web site:
> >
> > Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
>
> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated by
your
> adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President who is trying
> keep us safe from terrorists.

You know, anything intelligent that you may have to contribute is negated by
your adolescent reply. Grow up, child. At least for the time being, people
are allowed to have differing political views. Disagreeing with yours
doesn't make one immature. Stamping one's feet and calling people names
because you disagree with their politics, on the the other hand, does.

> Ed

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 9:57:27 PM

> In article <l7udnYwXE8mafF_fRVn-iA@comcast.com>,
> "Special Ed" <spled@dropout.edu> wrote:
>
>> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated
>> by your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President
>> who is trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>
> Anything intelligent you may have to contribute has yet to appear. And
> unlike smarmy ignorant knee-jerk bushbots, I know that Bush is not
> trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>
> If you grow up enough to be able to think for yourself, get back to us.

Ya' know the Navy thought I was able to think well enough to command an
F/A18 attack wing on numerous combat missions over Iraq and Kuwait. This was
from an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf as part of Operation Desert
Shield and Desert Storm where we were protecting even you and your ilk from
harm. And yes I've been shot at and yes I've been hit.

A simple apology to me an every other military person in the NG would be
appropriate.

Ed
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 10:56:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

"Special Ed" <spled@dropout.edu> wrote in message
> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>>I just found this on Motorola's web site:
>>
>> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
>
> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated by
> your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President who is
> trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>
> Ed

You are a retard.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 11:18:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

As much as I hate to continue this thread, I have to agree with Michelle.

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> In article <l7udnYwXE8mafF_fRVn-iA@comcast.com>,
> "Special Ed" <spled@dropout.edu> wrote:
>
>> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated
>> by your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President
>> who is trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>
> Anything intelligent you may have to contribute has yet to appear. And
> unlike smarmy ignorant knee-jerk bushbots, I know that Bush is not
> trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>
> If you grow up enough to be able to think for yourself, get back to us.
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 11:28:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Since politics has very little to do with this thread and NG, may I
suggest that the politcal comments and debates be posted on a more
appropriate forum?

From:Strike
Strikeme@noclass.rr.com

> As much as I hate to continue this thread, I have to agree with
> Michelle.
> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>> In article <l7udnYwXE8mafF_fRVn-iA@comcast.com>,
>> "Special Ed" <spled@dropout.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated
>>> by your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President
>>> who is trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>>
>> Anything intelligent you may have to contribute has yet to appear.
>> And unlike smarmy ignorant knee-jerk bushbots, I know that Bush is
>> not trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>>
>> If you grow up enough to be able to think for yourself, get back to
>> us. --
>> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 12:23:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> I just found this on Motorola's web site:
>
> "The V710 phone hardware regardless of carrier software does not support
> the SPP (Serial Port Profile) or OBEX (Object Exchange) profile that
> most devices require to access the phonebook or transfer files. These
> features can not be added via a software upgrade. Particularly this is
> an issue when customers want to get their phonebook out of the phone and
> into their non-Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit. Our Motorola IHF1000 and OEM
> Telematics Bluetooth Car Kits allow access to the phonebook through the
> Bluetooth connection using the Motorola AT commands available to
> registered developers at www.motocoder.com."
>
> <https://motorola.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/motorola.cfg/php/...
> hp?p_admin=1&p_userid=177&p_passwd=u8ZqM5YrTNBhaBbppUzEz/&p_faqid=4136&p_
> created=1092940495>
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/d5yd&gt;
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.

Love your sig line. Is that dope still in office???????
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 12:49:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>I just found this on Motorola's web site:
>
> "The V710 phone hardware regardless of carrier software does not support
> the SPP (Serial Port Profile) or OBEX (Object Exchange) profile that
> most devices require to access the phonebook or transfer files. These
> features can not be added via a software upgrade. Particularly this is
> an issue when customers want to get their phonebook out of the phone and
> into their non-Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit. Our Motorola IHF1000 and OEM
> Telematics Bluetooth Car Kits allow access to the phonebook through the
> Bluetooth connection using the Motorola AT commands available to
> registered developers at www.motocoder.com."

> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.

Is there a point to this post? This has been known ever since the V710
came out.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 12:49:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <SPDwe.70136$XQ.977144@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
"Destrux" <destrux.placeholder@hotmail.freelydelete.com> wrote:

> > "The V710 phone hardware regardless of carrier software does not support
> > the SPP (Serial Port Profile) or OBEX (Object Exchange) profile that
> > most devices require to access the phonebook or transfer files. These
> > features can not be added via a software upgrade. Particularly this is
> > an issue when customers want to get their phonebook out of the phone and
> > into their non-Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit. Our Motorola IHF1000 and OEM
> > Telematics Bluetooth Car Kits allow access to the phonebook through the
> > Bluetooth connection using the Motorola AT commands available to
> > registered developers at www.motocoder.com."
>
> > Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
>
> Is there a point to this post? This has been known ever since the V710
> came out.

No, it hasn't. It's been reported many times that the capability had
been removed at Verizon's request, and that it could be restored with a
software.upgrade

Now, Motorola is saying that it doesn't matter which carrier--the phone
will never support OBEX, and no software upgrade can change that.

June 30, 2005 1:27:22 AM

willum wrote:
> "Special Ed" <spled@dropout.edu> wrote in message
>> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>>> I just found this on Motorola's web site:
>>>
>>> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
>>
>> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated
>> by your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President
>> who is trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>>
>> Ed
>>

> You are a retard.

Damn! That comment strikes right at Ed's heart. There can be no
counter-argument. My taxes pay for the creation of intellectual giants.

June 30, 2005 3:57:55 AM

> Ya' know the Navy thought I was able to think well enough to command an
> F/A18 attack wing on numerous combat missions over Iraq and Kuwait. This
> was from an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf as part of Operation
> Desert Shield and Desert Storm where we were protecting even you and your
> ilk from harm. And yes I've been shot at and yes I've been hit.
>
> A simple apology to me an every other military person in the NG would be
> appropriate.

eD,

Thanks for helping to keep the rest of us safe. May all your traps be
good ones.

--
Thomas M. Goethe
Anonymous

Michelle Steiner wrote:
> Now, Motorola is saying that it doesn't matter which carrier--the phone
> will never support OBEX, and no software upgrade can change that.

Given that BT profiles are just software using the underlying BT RF
hardware, I wonder how it can be that no software upgrade can change it?
That's the whole idea of protocol stacks such as defined by BT: the
layers at the bottom have no idea what is running on top of them.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 10:30:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <skMwe.1535$0V3.1503@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
CharlesH <hoch@exemplary.invalid> wrote:

> > Now, Motorola is saying that it doesn't matter which carrier--the
> > phone will never support OBEX, and no software upgrade can change
> > that.
>
> Given that BT profiles are just software using the underlying BT RF
> hardware, I wonder how it can be that no software upgrade can change
> it?

Well, there is either a valid reason or else Motorola is lying.

June 30, 2005 7:06:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:57:27 -0400, "Special Ed" <spled@dropout.edu>
wrote:

>"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>>I just found this on Motorola's web site:
>>
>> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
>
>You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated by your
>adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President who is trying to
>keep us safe from terrorists.
>
>Ed

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"
-- Benjamin Franklin
June 30, 2005 9:24:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

It's all Bush's fault!

> In article <skMwe.1535$0V3.1503@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
> CharlesH <hoch@exemplary.invalid> wrote:
>
>> > Now, Motorola is saying that it doesn't matter which carrier--the
>> > phone will never support OBEX, and no software upgrade can change
>> > that.
>>
>> Given that BT profiles are just software using the underlying BT RF
>> hardware, I wonder how it can be that no software upgrade can change
>> it?
>
> Well, there is either a valid reason or else Motorola is lying.
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
July 1, 2005 12:07:16 AM

Special Ed wrote:
> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>
>>I just found this on Motorola's web site:
>>
>>Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
>

> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated by your
> adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President who is trying to
> keep us safe from terrorists.
>
> Ed

Ed, considering the fictitious 'from' string in your header, your
comment comes as no surprise to me.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

If I were motorola I'd be lying too. I bet they get tons of calls from
people whining to them and I'm sure there's no legal reason they
couldn't get away with that - only people internal to motorola know the
truth and as long as they don't leak it, Mot can lie all day long and
consumers wouldn't be the wiser.

But don't get me wrong, I want OBEX and OPP as much as the next guy,
selling crippled phones is outright lying, and if I remember right, the
original v710 ad campaign and literature did list capabilities such as
those...but then the listing of them started disappearing as more people
complained.

Skuzz

AL wrote:
> It's all Bush's fault!
>

> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message

>>>Given that BT profiles are just software using the underlying BT RF
>>>hardware, I wonder how it can be that no software upgrade can change
>>>it?
>>
>>Well, there is either a valid reason or else Motorola is lying.
>>
>>--
>>Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.

July 4, 2005 11:05:51 AM

Special Ed wrote:
> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>> I just found this on Motorola's web site:
>>
>> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
>
> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated
> by your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President
> who is trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>
> Ed

Why would she want to support the most incompetent President in history?
July 4, 2005 11:07:07 AM

Special Ed wrote:
> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>> In article <l7udnYwXE8mafF_fRVn-iA@comcast.com>,
>> "Special Ed" <spled@dropout.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated
>>> by your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President
>>> who is trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>>
>> Anything intelligent you may have to contribute has yet to appear. And
>> unlike smarmy ignorant knee-jerk bushbots, I know that Bush is
>> not trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>>
>> If you grow up enough to be able to think for yourself, get back to
>> us.
>
> Ya' know the Navy thought I was able to think well enough to command
> an F/A18 attack wing on numerous combat missions over Iraq and
> Kuwait. This was from an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf as part
> of Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm where we were protecting
> even you and your ilk from harm. And yes I've been shot at and yes
> I've been hit.
> A simple apology to me an every other military person in the NG would
> be appropriate.
>
> Ed

Shows how easy a jet is to fly. And yes I really can fly one.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 2:33:30 PM

"John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Special Ed wrote:
>> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message

>>> Anything intelligent you may have to contribute has yet to appear. And
>>> unlike smarmy ignorant knee-jerk bushbots, I know that Bush is
>>> not trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>>>
>>> If you grow up enough to be able to think for yourself, get back to
>>> us.
>>
>> Ya' know the Navy thought I was able to think well enough to command
>> an F/A18 attack wing on numerous combat missions over Iraq and
>> Kuwait. This was from an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf as part
>> of Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm where we were protecting
>> even you and your ilk from harm. And yes I've been shot at and yes
>> I've been hit.
>> A simple apology to me an every other military person in the NG would
>> be appropriate.
>>
>> Ed
>

> Shows how easy a jet is to fly. And yes I really can fly one.

But you clearly don't understand the difference between "flying a jet"--
which anyone with a 10th grade education can do-- and taking off/landing a
high performance aircraft from a carrier, being in *combat* or *leading* a
combat air wing.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 2:40:57 PM

> Special Ed wrote:
>> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>>> I just found this on Motorola's web site:
>>>
>>> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
>>
>> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated
>> by your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President
>> who is trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>>
>> Ed
>

> Why would she want to support the most incompetent President in history?

Real simple actually. Regardless of your opinion of his ability, he's the
Commander in Chief and we're at war. That demands the support of every
American--- you and that twit OP are Americans, aren't you?
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 6:24:19 PM

"Joseph E. Johnston" <fightinjoe@rebnet> wrote in message
> "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Special Ed wrote:
>>> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message

>>> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated
>>> by your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President
>>> who is trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>>>
>>> Ed
>>

>> Why would she want to support the most incompetent President in history?
>>

> Real simple actually. Regardless of your opinion of his ability, he's the
> Commander in Chief and we're at war. That demands the support of every
> American--- you and that twit OP are Americans, aren't you?

Evidently NOT!!

bamp
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 9:01:56 PM

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 07:05:51 -0700, John wrote:

> Special Ed wrote:
>> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>>> I just found this on Motorola's web site:
>>>
>>> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
>>
>> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated
>> by your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President
>> who is trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>>
>> Ed
>

> Why would she want to support the most incompetent President in history?

You obviously forgot about Jimmy Carter.....
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:45:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <EKednUhd_LPr11TfRVn-qg@comcast.com>,
"Joseph E. Johnston" <fightinjoe@rebnet> wrote:

> > Why would she want to support the most incompetent President in
> > history?
> >

> Real simple actually. Regardless of your opinion of his ability, he's
> the Commander in Chief and we're at war. That demands the support of
> every American--- you and that twit OP are Americans, aren't you?

We're in a war that we shouldn't have started, and that we should be
trying to extricate ourself out of. I'll support efforts to get us out
of the war, but I will not support a president who insists on getting us
deeper into it. I made the mistake of supporting Nixon's war efforts,
and I'm not going to repeat it with Bush. Nixon was smart enough to
finally get us out of Vietnam; Bush doesn't appear to be as smart.

July 5, 2005 7:34:35 PM

Joseph E. Johnston wrote:
> "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Special Ed wrote:
>>> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message

>>> Ya' know the Navy thought I was able to think well enough to command
>>> an F/A18 attack wing on numerous combat missions over Iraq and
>>> Kuwait. This was from an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf as
>>> part of Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm where we were
>>> protecting even you and your ilk from harm. And yes I've been shot
>>> at and yes I've been hit.
>>> A simple apology to me an every other military person in the NG
>>> would be appropriate.
>>>
>>> Ed
>>

>> Shows how easy a jet is to fly. And yes I really can fly one.
>>

> But you clearly don't understand the difference between "flying a
> jet"-- which anyone with a 10th grade education can do-- and taking
> off/landing a high performance aircraft from a carrier, being in
> *combat* or *leading* a combat air wing.

No I do understand it. Bush flew a jet and that PROVES it doesn't take a
genius. And by the way I'll put my military experience up against yours
ANYDAY.
July 5, 2005 7:36:30 PM

Strongbox wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 07:05:51 -0700, John wrote:
>
>> Special Ed wrote:
>>> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message

>>> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated
>>> by your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President
>>> who is trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>>>
>>> Ed
>>

>> Why would she want to support the most incompetent President in
>> history?
>
> You obviously forgot about Jimmy Carter.....

No I did remember him. Jimmy Carter has no experience getting the country
into an unneccesary war that has cost over 1700 lives, 12000 serious
injuries and 135 BILLION a year.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 12:43:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <11cm2nq7llbmn81@news.supernews.com>,
"John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> No I do understand it. Bush flew a jet and that PROVES it doesn't
> take a genius. And by the way I'll put my military experience up
> against yours ANYDAY.

So will I.

July 6, 2005 11:34:38 AM

Michelle Steiner wrote:
> In article <11cm2nq7llbmn81@news.supernews.com>,
> "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>

>>No I do understand it. Bush flew a jet and that PROVES it doesn't
>>take a genius. And by the way I'll put my military experience up
>>against yours ANYDAY.
>

> So will I.

Whether you support President Bush or not, we are all fortunate we live
in a country where we have the freedom to voice either opinion without
fear. If you'd like to continue this debate, it would be nice if you'd
take it along with the vulgar language to a newsgroup that is more
appropriate for such discussions. Thanks.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 3:20:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

"Joseph E. Johnston" <fightinjoe@rebnet> wrote in message
> "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Special Ed wrote:
> >> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message

> >> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated
> >> by your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President
> >> who is trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
> >>
> >> Ed
> >

> > Why would she want to support the most incompetent President in history?
> >

> Real simple actually. Regardless of your opinion of his ability, he's the
> Commander in Chief and we're at war. That demands the support of every
> American--- you and that twit OP are Americans, aren't you?

Sorry, but being a patriotic American most decidedly does NOT mean blindly
supporting fundamentally flawed actions by ANY President. Please review
both the language and purpose of the First Amendment.

I support, honor, and have tremendous respect for, anyone who has placed
their lives on the line in service to this country. I can think of no
better way to show support for them than oppose the reckless and pointless
adventure which has, unnecessarily, placed them in harms way.

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 6:55:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <11cnodbqvcbjr57@news.supernews.com>,
"Edgar" <edgar@nowhere.com> wrote:

> As usual, you haven't got a clue. Nothing has changed...you can't
> quite figure out how come your precious dumbocrats lost AGAIN!!! I
> am quite happy with the direction our country is going.

OK, so you want to live in a totalitarian theocracy. I'm sure that
Saudi Arabia would suit you very well.

> If you don't like it here, why don't you move to France. I am sure
> you would fit in there.

I'd rather repair this nation, and save it from the miscreants, like
you, who are destroying it.

July 7, 2005 12:34:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

You are really just too dense to understand that a majority of us like GW
and his policies. Too bad you aren't one of them. Your precious Kerry lost
and nothing will change that. GW is doing just fine. Oh, btw, this country
is not in need of saving. Many others are, but not this one.

> I'd rather repair this nation, and save it from the miscreants, like
> you, who are destroying it.

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 2:17:41 PM

> Joseph E. Johnston wrote:
>> "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

>> But you clearly don't understand the difference between "flying a
>> jet"-- which anyone with a 10th grade education can do-- and taking
>> off/landing a high performance aircraft from a carrier, being in
>> *combat* or *leading* a combat air wing.
>

> No I do understand it. Bush flew a jet and that PROVES it doesn't take a
> genius. And by the way I'll put my military experience up against yours
> ANYDAY.

Gotta' tell you John-- the last time a guy offered to compare his with mine,
I was in a locker room back in junior high school--- and by the way, he
lost;-)

Joe
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 2:19:52 PM

> In article <11cm2nq7llbmn81@news.supernews.com>,
> "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> No I do understand it. Bush flew a jet and that PROVES it doesn't
>> take a genius. And by the way I'll put my military experience up
>> against yours ANYDAY.
>
> So will I.

"Michelle," you're really a guy, aren't you--- or maybe a guy wannabe?

Joe
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 2:04:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <KuidneNw2YWap1DfRVn-rA@comcast.com>,
"Joseph E. Johnston" <fightinjoe@rebnet> wrote:

> "Michelle," you're really a guy, aren't you--- or maybe a guy wannabe?

Nope.

July 8, 2005 2:05:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <psWdnZfprccYpFDfRVn-jQ@comcast.com>,
"Joseph E. Johnston" <fightinjoe@rebnet> wrote:

> > No I do understand it. Bush flew a jet and that PROVES it doesn't
> > take a genius. And by the way I'll put my military experience up
> > against yours ANYDAY.
>
> Gotta' tell you John-- the last time a guy offered to compare his
> with mine, I was in a locker room back in junior high school--- and
> by the way, he lost;-)

I guess that you losers never learned that there are women in the
military, and that many of us made it a career.

July 8, 2005 2:05:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <psWdnZfprccYpFDfRVn-jQ@comcast.com>,
"Joseph E. Johnston" <fightinjoe@rebnet> wrote:

> > No I do understand it. Bush flew a jet and that PROVES it doesn't take a
> > genius. And by the way I'll put my military experience up against yours
> > ANYDAY.
>
> Gotta' tell you John-- the last time a guy offered to compare his with mine,
> I was in a locker room back in junior high school--- and by the way, he
> lost;-)

Whoops; sorry Joseph; I completely misread your message after seeing
John's reply to me. My apologies.

July 8, 2005 2:49:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <11cqbr41odkf3ef@news.supernews.com>,
"Edgar" <edgar@nowhere.com> wrote:

> You are really just too dense to understand that a majority of us
> like GW and his policies.

Oh yeah? This is from the Gallup Poll:

"Gallup's new poll shows President Bush's overall job approval rating is
now at 45%, tied for the lowest of his administration.

"Perhaps as importantly, Bush's disapproval rating is now at 53%. By two
points, that is the highest disapproval rating across the 172 times
Gallup has asked this question since the president first took office in
January 2001.

"Bush's approval on handling Iraq is at 40% -- tied for the lowest of
his administration."

And this:

"According to the June 24-26, 2005, CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll, only 31%
of Americans approve of Bush's handling of Social Security; 64%
disapprove. That amounts to a -33 net approval rating on Social
Security, which is lower than where he stood even a month ago, and is
substantially lower than resultsfrom earlier in the year."

"Bush's declining ratings on Social Security are possibly part of a
larger pattern that is not directly related to his specific performance
on the issue. His dwindling support on Social Security parallels a
decline in his overall job approval rating, and is similar to the trend
seen for his handling of the economy and Iraq."

And here are his approval ratings for the month of June:

Date Approve Disapprove No opinion
29-30 46 51 3
24-26 45 53 2
16-19 47 51 2
6-8 47 49 4

> Too bad you aren't one of them.

No, it is good that I am one of the majority who dissaproves of him.

> Your precious Kerry lost and nothing will change that

This has nothing to do with Kerry; it has to do with Bush. Oh, the only
reason I supported Kerry is because he had the best chance of defeating
Bush; he wasn't all that great, but he was heads and shoulders above
Bush.

> GW is doing just fine.

I disagree.

> Oh, btw, this country is not in need of saving.

I disagree.

>Many others are,

I agree.

>but not this one.

I disagree.

July 10, 2005 12:31:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Nice to be back on Topic lol
It was also claimed Telus used a software version that included crippled BT,
but now if Moto is saying thats the way it is staying and no one has ever
got it fully functional, and since Moto is the one that mainly makes the
software to providers specs, I guess it is safe to say yup, the v710 sux.
Michelle--Loved reading your responses, you owned the thread ~_^
"Skuzz" <skuzz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> If I were motorola I'd be lying too. I bet they get tons of calls from
> people whining to them and I'm sure there's no legal reason they couldn't
> get away with that - only people internal to motorola know the truth and
> as long as they don't leak it, Mot can lie all day long and consumers
> wouldn't be the wiser.
>
> But don't get me wrong, I want OBEX and OPP as much as the next guy,
> selling crippled phones is outright lying, and if I remember right, the
> original v710 ad campaign and literature did list capabilities such as
> those...but then the listing of them started disappearing as more people
> complained.
>
> Skuzz
>
> AL wrote:
>> It's all Bush's fault!
>>

>> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message

>>>Well, there is either a valid reason or else Motorola is lying.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 7:28:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <OZ6dnQ5-TNXL8U3fRVn-sg@rogers.com>,
"CJD" <newsgroupmail@rogers.com> wrote:

> Michelle--Loved reading your responses, you owned the thread ~_^

*blush*

So does anyone know whether the E815 has the same bluetooth limitations
as the V710?

July 10, 2005 9:53:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Hey, that's exactly what I tried to say. Well done!!
"PTravel" <ptravel@travelersvideo.com> wrote in message

> "Special Ed" <spled@dropout.edu> wrote in message
>> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>> >I just found this on Motorola's web site:
>> >
>> > Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
>>
>> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated by
> your
>> adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President who is trying
>> keep us safe from terrorists.
>
> You know, anything intelligent that you may have to contribute is negated
> by
> your adolescent reply. Grow up, child. At least for the time being,
> people
> are allowed to have differing political views. Disagreeing with yours
> doesn't make one immature. Stamping one's feet and calling people names
> because you disagree with their politics, on the the other hand, does.
>

>> Ed

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 9:54:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Hey no Clinton Jokes he's gone and best forgotten
"John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Special Ed wrote:
>> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>>> I just found this on Motorola's web site:
>>>
>>> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
>>
>> You know, anything intelligent you may have to contribute is negated
>> by your adolescent sig. Grow up, child...and support the President
>> who is trying to keep us safe from terrorists.
>>
>> Ed
>

> Why would she want to support the most incompetent President in history?

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:16:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <cf1dd1tke5f9hjg32l79fgh6hk5ki5m1ak@4ax.com>,
David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote:

> Jimmy Carter was President when someone took over our embassy
> somewhere, and he was smart enough to sit it out rather than kill
> thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of innocent citizens
> of another country.

Not quite; there was a rescue attempt that failed, partially because
Carter and his administration tried to micro manage it, and partially
for technological reasons.

July 14, 2005 3:57:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <f87dd1hti1r8q7o6jafusmh8dt14bqvnhm@4ax.com>,
David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote:

> >> I hope this isnt too hard to swallow.
> >
> >Please stop those sexual innuendos. (Or are you merely quoting what
> >Clinton said to Lewinsky?)
>
> [Um, Michelle, you're being overly sensitive with that one. Swallow
> is not always a sexual term and I didn't take it as one in this case.
> Remember, Freud said a sometimes a cigar is just a cigar (also not
> intended as a reference to the Lewinski situation (and BTW, *she* set
> out to seduce *him*, before she even left California for the intern
> job)).]

Actually, I was cracking a joke. Guess that it didn't go over very
well, huh?

July 15, 2005 11:14:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:57:23 -0700, Michelle Steiner
<michelle@michelle.org> chose to add this to the great equation of life,
the universe, and everything:

>> >Please stop those sexual innuendos. (Or are you merely quoting what
>> >Clinton said to Lewinsky?)
>>
>> [Um, Michelle, you're being overly sensitive with that one. Swallow
>> is not always a sexual term and I didn't take it as one in this case.
>> Remember, Freud said a sometimes a cigar is just a cigar (also not
>> intended as a reference to the Lewinski situation (and BTW, *she* set
>> out to seduce *him*, before she even left California for the intern
>> job)).]
>
>Actually, I was cracking a joke. Guess that it didn't go over very
>well, huh?

Sorry, I just wasn't able to tell that you were joking.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"A hospital is no place to be sick." - Sam Goldwyn
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 11:18:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:16:43 -0700, Michelle Steiner
<michelle@michelle.org> chose to add this to the great equation of life,
the universe, and everything:

>In article <cf1dd1tke5f9hjg32l79fgh6hk5ki5m1ak@4ax.com>,
> David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote:
>
>> Jimmy Carter was President when someone took over our embassy
>> somewhere, and he was smart enough to sit it out rather than kill
>> thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of innocent citizens
>> of another country.
>
>Not quite; there was a rescue attempt that failed, partially because
>Carter and his administration tried to micro manage it, and partially
>for technological reasons.

Which killed.... I forget, half a dozen Americans? A dozen? Two dozen?
Whatever, it's a big difference.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"If you're very lucky I might read you some of my poetry first."
- Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 11:18:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <mp2gd1hd5orq1oadbj3v8tlf4lsemtvim1@4ax.com>,
David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote:

> >> Jimmy Carter was President when someone took over our embassy
> >> somewhere, and he was smart enough to sit it out rather than kill
> >> thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of innocent
> >> citizens of another country.
> >
> >Not quite; there was a rescue attempt that failed, partially because
> >Carter and his administration tried to micro manage it, and
> >partially for technological reasons.
>
> Which killed.... I forget, half a dozen Americans? A dozen? Two
> dozen? Whatever, it's a big difference.

There would have been a lot more deaths had the mission not failed as it
had, and who knows what repercussions would have happened had they
actually attempted the rescue?

July 18, 2005 5:26:20 AM

>> >Not quite; there was a rescue attempt that failed, partially because
>> >Carter and his administration tried to micro manage it, and
>> >partially for technological reasons.
>>
>> Which killed.... I forget, half a dozen Americans? A dozen? Two
>> dozen? Whatever, it's a big difference.
>
> There would have been a lot more deaths had the mission not failed as it
> had, and who knows what repercussions would have happened had they
> actually attempted the rescue?

Oh the horror, use of force to rescue US citizens and public servants.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:08:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <0zDCe.433$6f.108@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"Thomas M. Goethe" <spam@spam.com> wrote:

> > There would have been a lot more deaths had the mission not failed as it
> > had, and who knows what repercussions would have happened had they
> > actually attempted the rescue?
>
> Oh the horror, use of force to rescue US citizens and public servants.

I didn't say they shouldn't have made the attempt; I was saying that
they should have known what they were doing. Had the made the attempt,
and it failed, what would have happened to the hostages.

If it were going to fail, it was better to have failed at the outset as
it did than during the rescue itself.