Looking for a Gaming Keboard with Red LED backlighting (>$100)

manicmike

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012
I mostly play SW:TOR, but I splash in bouts of Counter Strike (Source and GO), some Dead Island, and the occasional RTS (NOT StarCraft)

I want the out the door price to be under $100 (US), though I'm willing to push it up to $110 for a really good one.

Also, I already have a Logitech G600 MMO Gaming mouse, and to my understanding I can use the "Logitech Gaming Framework" program to set up a keyboard as well, so if there's one in the price range, I'd like a Logitech. Never had an issue with any of their products, over 10 years of using them (My old Logitech keyboard died last night after 5 1/2 years).

NEEDS:
Gaming keyboard with programmable keys for Macros
Red LED Backlight or Backlight that I can make Red (Tower and Mouse both glow red)
USB interface
Number Pad
No more than $100

PREFERABLE:
Logitech

DATE OF PURCASE:
3/5 or 3/6

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129013 is the only 1 that fits your requirements

$99.99.

issues? no dedicated cursor keys . but does have full nkroll which many other keyboards dont have. even the ultra high end razor which i tell any 1 who will listen to stay clear of.

so if you can do without em or are willing to use a a control button to access them then its a good deal.

be careful though full nkrol is a feature on very few usb keyboards. a lot that say they have it actually have it via ps2 which means you have to forgo the backlighting in some cases. so if its a feature you want make sure its usb only...

manicmike

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012
Thank you for the replies everyone.

Right now I'm stuck between the CoolerMaster Storm Trigger and the Logitech G510. Friend of mine has the Logtech but never answers his phone :pfff: , and I like that I can use the same program to customize and program everything, but not 100% sold on it yet. And the Storm is really nice...

The only problem with the CM QuickFire is the lack of Cursor keys, more of a personal preference thing, but when I do a lot of my non gaming activities I tend to rely on them a bit more than most tend to.

I searched Cyborg v5 on Newegg, didn't get any results.

The Cyborg V.7 link (Mad Katz) is nice too, but out of stock and I plan to purchase within the next 2-3 days, so I can't hope they'll get any in by then.

Once again, thanks everyone, when I make my final purchase I'll select "Best Answer"

EDIT: Also, I've heard enough stories about issues with the razer Synapse program to stay away from them