Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Looking for a Gaming Keboard with Red LED backlighting (>$100)

Last response: in Video Games
March 2, 2013 9:59:58 PM

I mostly play SW:TOR, but I splash in bouts of Counter Strike (Source and GO), some Dead Island, and the occasional RTS (NOT StarCraft)

I want the out the door price to be under $100 (US), though I'm willing to push it up to $110 for a really good one.

Also, I already have a Logitech G600 MMO Gaming mouse, and to my understanding I can use the "Logitech Gaming Framework" program to set up a keyboard as well, so if there's one in the price range, I'd like a Logitech. Never had an issue with any of their products, over 10 years of using them (My old Logitech keyboard died last night after 5 1/2 years).

NEEDS:
Gaming keyboard with programmable keys for Macros
Red LED Backlight or Backlight that I can make Red (Tower and Mouse both glow red)
USB interface
Number Pad
No more than $100

PREFERABLE:
Logitech

DATE OF PURCASE:
3/5 or 3/6

Best solution

March 3, 2013 11:00:16 AM

The Logitech G510 will run you $99 with free shipping, but you can customize it to anycolor you want...... I have one and love it paired with my logitech mouse that can be programed also.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
March 3, 2013 11:07:36 AM

im using a cyborg v5 cost me £43, it meets all requirements and is cheap and comfortable
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 3, 2013 11:31:54 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... is the only 1 that fits your requirements

$99.99.

issues? no dedicated cursor keys . but does have full nkroll which many other keyboards dont have. even the ultra high end razor which i tell any 1 who will listen to stay clear of.

so if you can do without em or are willing to use a a control button to access them then its a good deal.

be careful though full nkrol is a feature on very few usb keyboards. a lot that say they have it actually have it via ps2 which means you have to forgo the backlighting in some cases. so if its a feature you want make sure its usb only...

m
l
March 3, 2013 2:03:01 PM

Thank you for the replies everyone.

Right now I'm stuck between the CoolerMaster Storm Trigger and the Logitech G510. Friend of mine has the Logtech but never answers his phone :pfff:  , and I like that I can use the same program to customize and program everything, but not 100% sold on it yet. And the Storm is really nice...

The only problem with the CM QuickFire is the lack of Cursor keys, more of a personal preference thing, but when I do a lot of my non gaming activities I tend to rely on them a bit more than most tend to.

I searched Cyborg v5 on Newegg, didn't get any results.

The Cyborg V.7 link (Mad Katz) is nice too, but out of stock and I plan to purchase within the next 2-3 days, so I can't hope they'll get any in by then.

Once again, thanks everyone, when I make my final purchase I'll select "Best Answer"

EDIT: Also, I've heard enough stories about issues with the razer Synapse program to stay away from them
m
l
March 10, 2013 4:41:18 PM

Wound up going with the Logitech. Decision came down to brand loyaly, but once again thank you to everyone for your suggestions.
m
l
March 26, 2013 7:54:24 AM

Forgot to post when I purchased, wound up snagging it for $90, $60 after mail in rebate. Thank you all again for your suggestions, the sale on it was what tipped the scales.
m
l
!