Home Airtime Minutes

"Night & Weekend Home Airtime Minutes" - Does home airtime minutes still
mean from anywhere where you are not roaming?
7 answers Last reply
More about home airtime minutes

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:35:54 GMT, "susan" <susanl@penn.com> wrote:

    >"Night & Weekend Home Airtime Minutes" - Does home airtime minutes still
    >mean from anywhere where you are not roaming?

    It depends on the plan. Which one are you referring to?

    "The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:35:54 GMT, "susan" <susanl@penn.com> wrote:
    >
    >>"Night & Weekend Home Airtime Minutes" - Does home airtime minutes still
    >>mean from anywhere where you are not roaming?
    >>

    > It depends on the plan. Which one are you referring to?

    Americas Choice.

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:34:51 GMT, "susan" <susanl@penn.com> wrote:

    >"The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:35:54 GMT, "susan" <susanl@penn.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Night & Weekend Home Airtime Minutes" - Does home airtime minutes still
    >>>mean from anywhere where you are not roaming?
    >>>

    >> It depends on the plan. Which one are you referring to?
    >
    >Americas Choice.

    I presume you mean AC2 and not AC1. It's my understanding that under
    AC2, there are no longer any roaming areas, and the phones are
    prohibited from roaming on *any* foreign (non VZW or their roaming
    agreement partners) system, even if you were willing to pay for the
    minutes.

    I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

    >> It depends on the plan. Which one are you referring to?
    >
    > Americas Choice.

    Which AC ? I or II ??

    Oh' this is so confusin'. I got a headache !!!

    As an "aside"... and not so "consumer friendly"....

    The Ghost of General Lee wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:34:51 GMT, "susan" <susanl@penn.com> wrote:
    >

    >>"The Ghost of General Lee" <ghost@general.lee> wrote in message

    >>>It depends on the plan. Which one are you referring to?
    >>
    >>Americas Choice.
    >>

    > I presume you mean AC2 and not AC1. It's my understanding that under
    > AC2, there are no longer any roaming areas, and the phones are
    > prohibited from roaming on *any* foreign (non VZW or their roaming
    > agreement partners) system, even if you were willing to pay for the
    > minutes.

    I had a Verizon sales rep tell me that AC2 will roam in Canada. I don't
    know if I should believe him or not. Has anyone had any experience with
    this.

    Thanks,
    Pat

    The Ghost of General Lee wrote:
    > I presume you mean AC2 and not AC1. It's my understanding that under
    > AC2, there are no longer any roaming areas, and the phones are
    > prohibited from roaming on *any* foreign (non VZW or their roaming
    > agreement partners) system, even if you were willing to pay for the
    > minutes.

    Under AC-II, there are LOTS of roaming (non-VZW) areas. What there isn't
    is roaming *charges*. Pay-roaming areas from AC-I either became free
    under AC-II, or they were made inaccessible, with no option to pay for
    using them. This is for U.S. systems. I think you will pay for roaming
    in Canada under AC-II.

    On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 02:10:46 GMT, CharlesH <hoch@exemplary.invalid>
    wrote:

    >Under AC-II, there are LOTS of roaming (non-VZW) areas. What there isn't
    >is roaming *charges*.

    That's why I qualified it to say "foreign", as in not native VZW or
    their roaming agreement partners' systems.

Verizon Internet Service Providers