fan placement and memory heatsink

hartono

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2004
Hi everyone, I currently got 4 additional fans and are hoping to make my pc cooler. I know that there are many guides about fan placement on the internet, but I think those guides are for 'closed computer casing', I let my pc case open both side all day. Currently, I have 2 additional fans running, one upper back blowing out and one low front for intake. Can anyone tell me how is the best to use the other 2?

Also, I was looking to add a heatsink for the memory, mine is 2 x 256 pc3200 without any heatsink. I want to know whether it is useful or not? Some people on the internet says that memory heatsink is just good for visual.

Thanks

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Try reversing your rear fan so that it is the intake and then reverse your front fan so that it exhausts the air. On some systems, this can have a substantial effect on the temps. By the time the fresh air gets to the hotter components which are going to be towards the rear of the case, the air has started to warm up. If you use the rear fan to pull air in, then the parts that need to coolest air get hit first. One thing that can lead to this idea not being effective is the PSU fans. If your PSU draws the fresh air out to quick then it will not help. I have never seen this happen, but I always keep it in mind.

To save us both time, assume I know EVERYTHING :tongue: