CPU TEMP monitoring

honsbeek2

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
Hi ,

I have another problem ,.,, I must be a notorious nuisance by now... ^^

I have used the Motherboard Monitor 5 for checking the current CPU temperature... However the temperatures DID NOT MATCH at all with the temperatures shown in the Bios Hardware Monitor/PC Heath what have you...

Can you tell me a good accurate temp monitoring software when attempting to overclock...

thank you
Ralph

Stick with the MBM5 (also the temps won't be exact, as one is being read from complete IDLE (BIOS), and one is been read when you are running windows (not quite Idle))

Anyway, what MB is it?

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
If your ASUS uses the same type of monitor that mine does then the ASUS is going to be dead on. I have an Infrared thermometer so its easy for me to cross check the temps against the ones that ASUS shows. They are the same.

Ned is right about MBM5 being a good program, but with my but this ASUS that I have is one of the few that has good montioring capabilities.

To save us both time, assume I know EVERYTHING :tongue:

DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
You should have the ASUS Probe monitoring program on your M/B CD (that contains all the drivers etc).

It has spot on temps, etc - probably better than M/M5, since it was designed and made by ASUS.

If you bought a ready made PC from Dell, etc, you will not be given the M/B CD.

You might be able to download ASUS Probe free from the ASUS web site.

<font color=red>DCB</font color=red><font color=white>_</font color=white><font color=blue>AU</font color=blue>