Skyrim lag!!! (NEED HELP)!!!

BSWIFT89

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have recently started getting some bad lag playing skyrim for the pc. My pc is not even a year old and can run pretty much everything to date on ultra. I recently downloaded the new Dragon born dlc and have 49 mods. I've made sure that none of the mods conflict with one another and i still lag when i put it on low setting i used to play on ultra. My PSU has recedntly been making some weird clicking noise like the fan is wobbling could this be the issue? Please help.

System Model GA-970A-UD3
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Video card is a EVGA NIVIDIA GTX 550 TI

PSU RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS 630W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power

WITH 8GB OF RAM

dragonfly789

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Raidmax are not a good PSU manufacturer. It could be going bad and not supplying enough power to your components.

What other games are you playing on "Ultra"? The GTX 550 Ti Isn't exactly a powerhouse :)

dragonfly789

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Probably your best bet to change the PSU before you fork out for a new GPU. The PSU powers everything, if its going bad, it could damage all your components. Change that first. Also if you say the fan is starting to fail then that may cause the unit to overheat and may cause an electrical fire. Go for a reputable brand such as corsair or enermax (just suggestions, there are many more good brands),

greevar

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
The problem isn't hardware. This is a known bug in Skyrim and the solution is to run the game in a borderless window at native resolution. That will solve your lag.

As for your PSU, that's a separate issue. Get a new one. Rosewill, OCZ, Coolermaster and so on are good brands to go with.