CPU Frequency Peaked, any significance???

honsbeek2

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
Hi ,

I was running Throttlewatch and suddenly Not the TM1 Throtteling started to peak but my CPU Frequency...
I am overclocking my Prescott P4 3.0E to 3250 MHz... And suddenly I when totally up to 18000MHz and then quickly totally down to zero !!!

Does this mean anything? Is it a sideeffect of OC'ing...
It's ok now but I got startled by it...
Your opinions please

Cheers
Ralph

lol, probably just misread the frequency. There is no way on earth it really got to that speed!

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
The way it works is it takes a sample over a VERY short amount of time (this is how it detects TM1 and TM2) and sees what happens, it likely took too short of a sample and couldn't properly gauge what was really going on, it's not a problem.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

On the other hard you may have the finest example of any human made CPu ever in existance. You decide :lol:

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
If that chip actually ran at 18ghz, that would defiantely be something you would notice. In this case something smoking in your case and could not possibly supply the required wattage for such. The software just misread the CPU.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

whooa, cool!

I managed to get out while wingy was asleep :lol:

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
LMAO, I thought that you might just be taking a break. I have to be careful when I dvie off down there. I try to post 4 or 5 quick ones and return to the surface before i get caught in the whirlwind :eek:

To save us both time, assume I know EVERYTHING :tongue: