Scandisk?

For the first time scandisk found errors to be corrected. This was after
several times
of ZA 5 crashing. Or I think it was due to ZA. Had to power cycle
computer several
times in the past few weeks after total freeze up.
What kind of errors does scandisk find?
What does it really do?
And are there blocks on my hard drive that can never be used now?

Dak

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:55:45 -0700, cva <bn@art.com> wrote:

>What kind of errors does scandisk find?

Scandisk can find logical and physical errors on your hard disk.
Common errors included misreported file/folder/free space sizes and lost
clusters.
Load Scandisk (and note the difference between STANDARD and THOROUGH scans),
click on the ADVANCED button, click on the QUESTION MARK, click on one of the
settings and you'll get a blurb about it. This will show and explain to you
about some of the errors it can find and repair.

>What does it really do?

It corrects/repairs the errors that you tell it to.
Look in your root directory (C:\) for a file named "SCANDISK.LOG", it's a text
file, read it using notepad. It'll tell you what scandisk found wrong and what
it did to correct it.

>And are there blocks on my hard drive that can never be used now?

Probably not.

--
dak