P III 733 overclocking

piskeante

Distinguished
May 27, 2004
hello friends, the other day a friend of mine gave me a P III 733 128 mb ram and a microstar ms-6318 with chip 686A and 82c694X. the fact is that i have not been able to see any manual or model that looks and has the same things as mine.i don´t know whether they would have built a rather "different" mobo. so, there are no bios settings for multiplier of fsb which is set at 133. there is no either jumper for multiplier or fsb in mobo.or at least i haven´t found it.and i´ve been looking around for many time.so in this case, taking into consideration that I am talking of an P III EB 733 which will be multiplier locked, is there any software compatible with my mobo that could give me any more performance?? or is there any jumper that i have not seen????

thanks a lot and enjoy your pcs

amd 3000+ fsb 400 at 2411mhz fsb 459mhz 512 mb geil value, 9600 xt at 560/360

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Forget it. If it were a PIII 700E rather than a 733EB, you'd be able to get 933EB speed by raising it to 133MHz, but since it's already at 133...forget overclocking.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Powerleap sux, he'd be better off with an Upgradeware adapter and a PIII-S 1400.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Houma48

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2002
I have them running in an old Dell XPS T500(1.4 PowerLeap) and a homemade unit now for 3 years. They work fine by me.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've had heat problems with them, and they're expensive. They add around $70 to the price of a CPU when you buy the package.

The Upgradeware Slot-T is only $20, it has no VRM, he doesn't need the VRM anyway since his board supports Coppermines (VRM 8.4, with a minimum voltage of 1.30v).

One advantage of the Upgradeware adapter is that you can set the detected voltage and detected bus speed by jumper. That means you can jumper a Tualatin Celeron 1200 to 1.65v and 133MHz bus, for superior bus bandwidth and 1600MHz clock. The Tualatin Celeron 1100 is a bit easier to get to 133MHz bus (1466MHz), and outperforms the stock Celeron 1400 by over 20% at this setting, due to the increased bus speed.