HIS ICEQ 9800PRO 128mb o/clocking

pg666

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2005
I'm a total novice so can anybody tell me how I can go about overclocking my card. There are no no options to do this in the software that HIS supplied with the card. Also how do I measure improved performance/stability?

ATI tool is googd - Google it

I got 340 core (360 with watercooling) on my 9800 pro - Can't remember the mem timings tho

It's in my bros PC now, as I have a 6800 (all pipes unlocked)

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
download the omega driver for the card. It comes with a overclocking program called Radlink. Make sure you get rid of all traces of the old drivers you are using for your card. check the omega driver faq on the overclockiing 3d chip forum for info on how to remove previous drivers and were to get the omega driver and info on what you need and how it works. to measure improveement and stability use 3d mark 01 and 3d mark 5. 3d mark 1 is more sensitive and will usually show artifacts first, especially on the nature sceen. Then run 3d mark 5. Let it go through the whole benchmark test on both versions. Be sure to check your temps to if you can. High temps can fry your card. Only go up about 5 mghz each time you up the speed. you'll also have to up the memory speed to. check also on all the other questions about overclocking your card. I know it's a pain to go through them all sometimes but it well help.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by newdude on 02/20/05 09:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>