Sign in with
Your question

GTA IV on new graphics card- Big problems

Last response: in Video Games
March 4, 2013 7:06:21 PM

Hello, I got a new xfx radeon 7850 for christmas which runs far cry 3, batmanarkham cuty, and deus ex at high settings, but GTA IV has a constant stutter and awful look even in the steam overlay, any help?

My rig: I7 970 at 3.2 Ghz (no OC), 12 gigs of RAM, and my new 7850
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2013 7:08:59 PM

GTA IV is simply bad optimized, you won't get much better performance. About the stutter - Make sure you have the latest drivers for your GPU, it might fix the problem.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2013 7:25:02 PM

turn the drae distance down and make sure your patched to 1.4 or 1.7
m
l
a c 358 U Graphics card
March 4, 2013 8:15:43 PM

You need to play around with the graphics settings. Perhaps they are simply too high.

Set everything to medium settings. Move sliders to the middle of the lowest value and highest value. Doing to should make the game playable to simply load up a saved games or start a new game to verify performance is fine. Then start increasing some of the settings, but don't max out any of the sliders; especially draw distance.

I had no problems playing GTA IV on my Q9450, Radeon HD 5850 1GB, and 1920x1200 resolution monitor. Most of the settings were on high like textures, water reflection; can't remember the rest. All sliders were somewhere in between "medium" and "max", but closer to medium.
m
l
!