If you want a good deal, today, June 30, last day of the Q..

Verizon is pushing to regain their #1 spot. I had a customer who had two
unused lines out of four, and called just to see about disconnecting them.
Remember, we didn't cancel, we just asked about the early termination fee.
Within 8 hrs, the customer had 3 separate calls and offers I can not even
describe to stay with Verizon. We're talking about $300 refunds on their
plan (not usage, just cash back), 100 bonus minutes on the main lines for a
year, free phones without asking for a contract extension. It felt like
ANYTHING was being offered to not lose the contract line this month/quarter.
My opinion it that it has to do with the numbers.

So, if YOU want to try and get MORE from Verizon, now is the time to make
the call. This appears to be the "exact moment in time" that you can to
leverage the value of your line to the max, although I could be wrong (I've
been wrong before).

If you are the type of person that would take advantage of this type of
situation, may I suggest the following:
1) Call CS, and ask when your contract expires
2) politely ask how much the early termination fee is.
3) If they ask why, and you don't have any good reason, tell them that: No
reason, just thinking outloud.
4) Thank them for their time.

I think they may have a watch list, although I don't know for sure. I know
of two customers that really just called with a question about early
termination, and if not on the call, later in the day, had a call back with
some great encouragement to stay with all lines. Who knows, it may be
nothing.

Oh, and the one customer above that had this happen first: had 4 lines.
1=$39.99, 1-1200 minutes, and 2 shares. Not even a big account, but they
came out of the woodwork to deal! In my opinion, the time is RIPE to see
about that early upgrade, free phone, rebate, etc. At least it seems like
that in Central Illinois to me. Today is the day, not July 1, but today,
June 30 (in my opinion). Unfortunately for me, this will affect existing
customers, not new customers, and my current arrangement with vZW benefits
me "not" on upgrades or renewals. But I do get folks some sweet deals on
those upgrades, even if I don't make any $ as I committed to my customers
to support them, and I do. dr
--
dr.news Better Price? (not better than you deserve, just more than you are
used to)

I am trying to find out when is Verizon planning to release this. Sprint
has released it already and i have a copy I just woul dnot rather install it
form them even if you remove the vendor file like they suggest in the
forums.

TRENDING THREADS