Sign in with
Your question

overclocking TOO MUCH

Last response: in Overclocking
February 7, 2005 9:14:21 PM

i have a p3 so i was wondering how much i can i overclock without frying it plzz help

More about : overclocking

February 8, 2005 7:43:53 AM

Quote:
i have a p3

I have a car. How many HP can you tune it to?

---
"Sex without love is an empty experience...
But as empty experiences go, it's one of the best" - Woody Allen
February 8, 2005 7:52:02 AM

:lol: 
J/K...

What I'm saying is that's far from enough information. How much you can OC depends on which Core your CPU uses (e.g. Coppermine), How fast it is already, what motherboard you have, and what memory you have, and even what graphics card you have can have an effect.

If you supply this info, then there are many users here who can help. Notably CrashMan - he's a real font of information on PIII overclocking (and almost everything else really).

---
"Sex without love is an empty experience...
But as empty experiences go, it's one of the best" - Woody Allen
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 8, 2005 9:34:13 PM

Most likely somewhere between 580MHz and 1.7GHz, depending on the core. Of course, your board, RAM, or video card might protest.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
February 8, 2005 11:43:13 PM

Which one of the P3's will go as high as 1.7? The MOBO's on the ones that I have would keep me from going that high, but I would like to know in case any of mine are that particular core.

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 9, 2005 5:57:14 AM

The PIII-S 1.4GHz is known to overclock to around 1.7GHz.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
!