Can I run Sims 3

raemun

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Probably a really weird question but I guess I should be a little more clear, can I run it properly?

These are my PC specs.

Inspirion 530 (mild improvements done by me)
Core 2 Duo 2.20GHz
GeForce GT240 1024MB DDR3
4 GB R.A.M DDR2
Windows 8

So, the reason I ask, is because every time I run Sims 3 my PC kicks up, like in the CAS mode, or the edit the world. IT just flares up and the fans spin really loudly.
But, I run Assassin's Creed III and Far Cry 3 without any such things, sure the fan spins a little quicker, but not the way that it does with Sims 3.

I mean... I was reading some spec reviews, and people were saying oh "16GB of R.A.M, and I7 processors, and GTX gazillion graphics cards are the recommended specs to run sims 3" but I'm like... really? For sims?

So you know, I'd just like some feedback if possible.

Solution
I read a post here in THG that the Sims 3 attempts to make full usage of the graphics card/core even though you don't need high frame rates to be playable. I think the solution was to go into the console and enter a command to limit the frame rates to 30 or something like that. It's worth googling...
I read a post here in THG that the Sims 3 attempts to make full usage of the graphics card/core even though you don't need high frame rates to be playable. I think the solution was to go into the console and enter a command to limit the frame rates to 30 or something like that. It's worth googling...

Solution

raemun

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013

I'll definitely try, because I did see that... but the processor is what worried me... ahh well.