Can you either play golf, tennis or baseball in SAn Andreas

---

In message <yNVZd.621$C7.358@news-server.bigpond.net.au>
"Andrew Millar" <andrewmillar79@hotmail.com> wrote:

No. The only sports available are basketball and a triathlon.

Cheers,
Rob

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In message <yNVZd.621$C7.358@news-server.bigpond.net.au>
> "Andrew Millar" <andrewmillar79@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> No. The only sports available are basketball and a triathlon.

And the option to play basketball mysteriously vanishes at some point in the
game: basketballs stop spawning.

--cleve

Rob White wrote:
> In message <yNVZd.621$C7.358@news-server.bigpond.net.au>
> "Andrew Millar" <andrewmillar79@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> No. The only sports available are basketball and a triathlon.

Is Pool a sport? Cos you can play that as well! (And if Pool is a sport
does that also mean Darts & Snooker are as well?........I spose they
are.........cant wait for televised Bar Billiards championships !)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

In message <P0%Zd.112825$bu.37554@fed1read06>
"Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

> And the option to play basketball mysteriously vanishes at some point in the
> game: basketballs stop spawning.

They do!?!?

How very odd, I might have to check all the sites I know of in the game
to see if it's just one or all of them. Due to sheer boredom (Can't
believe I'd ever say that about GTA:SA) I went from one to the other to
beat my record.

Perhaps the basketball is just doing a non-spawning trick like some of
the vehicles do.

Cheers,
Rob

In message <sv3_d.70385$ug2.60054@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk>
"M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote:

> Is Pool a sport? Cos you can play that as well! (And if Pool is a sport
> does that also mean Darts & Snooker are as well?........I spose they
> are.........cant wait for televised Bar Billiards championships !)

It is yeah and I suppose we'll also have to include the Ammu-Nation
shooting range as a sporting event too, as a lot of people seem to
think that's a sport.

And base jumping/parachuting/skydiving/free falling, whatever you wanna
call it is classed as an "Extreme Sport", along with BMX.

Anyone think Rockstar are trying to take our minds off killing sprees
by making CJ an athlete?

Cheers,
Rob

Rob White schrieb:

Hoi.

> It is yeah and I suppose we'll also have to include the Ammu-Nation
> shooting range as a sporting event too, as a lot of people seem to
> think that's a sport.
>
> And base jumping/parachuting/skydiving/free falling, whatever you wanna
> call it is classed as an "Extreme Sport", along with BMX.

And of course, the one, that has been at least since GTA III:
Car racing!

CU, Venty

> In message <P0%Zd.112825$bu.37554@fed1read06>
> "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> And the option to play basketball mysteriously vanishes at some point in
>> the
>> game: basketballs stop spawning.
>
> They do!?!?
>
> How very odd, I might have to check all the sites I know of in the game
> to see if it's just one or all of them. Due to sheer boredom (Can't
> believe I'd ever say that about GTA:SA) I went from one to the other to
> beat my record.
>
> Perhaps the basketball is just doing a non-spawning trick like some of
> the vehicles do.

Haven't seen a basketball in months, and someone else in here confirmed
there is indeed a bug. No idea what triggered it. Someday, when I play
through again, I'll keep an eye on the problem and see if I can figure it
out.

--cleve

kaz

Distinguished
May 22, 2001

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:36:03 -0800, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

>"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> In message <yNVZd.621$C7.358@news-server.bigpond.net.au>
>> "Andrew Millar" <andrewmillar79@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> No. The only sports available are basketball and a triathlon.
>>

>And the option to play basketball mysteriously vanishes at some point in the
>game: basketballs stop spawning.
>
>--cleve

Have you saved your game at Madd Doggs mansion?

There is a bug which prevents basketballs from spawning when you save
your game at the mansion. It has happened to me. I also suspect that
it triggers the bug that stops you from working out at the gym.

Kaz

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:51:20 +1100, Kaz <four40@spacenet.net.au>
wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:36:03 -0800, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:
>

>>"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>>> In message <yNVZd.621$C7.358@news-server.bigpond.net.au>
>>> "Andrew Millar" <andrewmillar79@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> No. The only sports available are basketball and a triathlon.
>>>

>>And the option to play basketball mysteriously vanishes at some point in the
>>game: basketballs stop spawning.
>>
>>--cleve
>>
>Have you saved your game at Madd Doggs mansion?
>
>There is a bug which prevents basketballs from spawning when you save
>your game at the mansion. It has happened to me. I also suspect that
>it triggers the bug that stops you from working out at the gym.
>
>Kaz

I have friends that have successfully saved at the mansion,
no problems...I haven't, from glitch paranoia.....
Also, a careful balance of all activities, plus not maxing on muscle
all the time, I have yet to lose basketballs or the ability to play.
Same with pool, no problemas.
Had the workout glitch first play-through, now balance everything.
Not to much muscle, not too fat, etc.
96% finished
Can have lap-dances as well. I remember that hanging up the Game
before too.

In message <3nji31pv5jnaa5hkc015blru3ha2so9773@4ax.com>
Luke §ynchronizer <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote:

> Can have lap-dances as well. I remember that hanging up the Game
> before too.
> L§

and I've got no idea why. It doesn't even get as far as loading the
interior, so it makes me wonder if this club is a Police-only affair
that requires CJ to be wearing the cop uniform.

The Las Venturas strip club works okay though for some reason.

Cheers,
Rob

Rob White wrote:
> In message <3nji31pv5jnaa5hkc015blru3ha2so9773@4ax.com>
> Luke §ynchronizer <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote:
>
>> Can have lap-dances as well. I remember that hanging up the Game
>> before too.
>> L§

> and I've got no idea why. It doesn't even get as far as loading the
> interior, so it makes me wonder if this club is a Police-only affair
> that requires CJ to be wearing the cop uniform.
>
> The Las Venturas strip club works okay though for some reason.

Pig Pen in LS works fine for me.......ugly looking ho's but there you
go........

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Where do you do triathlon?

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In message <yNVZd.621$C7.358@news-server.bigpond.net.au>
> "Andrew Millar" <andrewmillar79@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> No. The only sports available are basketball and a triathlon.
>

> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

---

In message <FAv_d.2331$C7.2066@news-server.bigpond.net.au>
"Andrew Millar" <andrewmillar79@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Where do you do triathlon?

Apparently there's two to do, but I've done the one which is based near
the lighthouse in south-western Los Santos.

> In message <FAv_d.2331$C7.2066@news-server.bigpond.net.au>
> "Andrew Millar" <andrewmillar79@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Where do you do triathlon?
>
> Apparently there's two to do, but I've done the one which is based near
> the lighthouse in south-western Los Santos.

The other is on the small beach with the pier that has the wheelchair on it,
N of LS.

I think both are weekends only. Check the day of the week. (L1?)

--cleve

Latest posts