NVIDIA NIVE TNT2 or Monitor problem (not sure which one)

Whats up people, I currently own a Gateway Performance 500 (500MHz
processor) running Windows ME (unfortunalty) with a NVIDIA NIVE TNT2
video card, and a EV700 monitor. Currently, my resolution is 640x480
with 16 colors. THe resolution changed after I installed Norton
Anti-Virus and Norton Firewall. The highest resolution shows is
1024x768 at 16bit color, but it wont let me change it out of
640x480, I cant change the resolution for the life of me. Ive
un-installed both Norton products and i've downloaded the most recent
drivers and nothing seems to work. The PC originally came equipped
with Win 98 and I had to reformat my hard drive.

Anyone know any solutions and what the hell can be the problem??????
:( Someone PLEASE help. TIA.

==============
More about nvidia nive tnt2 monitor problem

    I don't have experience with the Norton software but, try uninstalling the
    new drivers and going back to older ones. I think I had to use 44.03 on my
    ME machine to fix a problem with my old card. You can get them off Nvidia's
    site.

    "BoostinB13" <fattah@helios.acomp.usf-dot-edu.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    message news:40cfd6d4$1_1@news.athenanews.com...
    > Whats up people, I currently own a Gateway Performance 500 (500MHz
    > processor) running Windows ME (unfortunalty) with a NVIDIA NIVE TNT2
    > video card, and a EV700 monitor. Currently, my resolution is 640x480
    > with 16 colors. THe resolution changed after I installed Norton
    > Anti-Virus and Norton Firewall. The highest resolution shows is
    > 1024x768 at 16bit color, but it wont let me change it out of
    > 640x480, I cant change the resolution for the life of me. Ive
    > un-installed both Norton products and i've downloaded the most recent
    > drivers and nothing seems to work. The PC originally came equipped
    > with Win 98 and I had to reformat my hard drive.
    >
    > Anyone know any solutions and what the hell can be the problem??????
    > :( Someone PLEASE help. TIA.
    >
    > ==============
    troubleshooting newsgroups.

    Thanks for the advice, but unfortunatly it didn't work. Anynone have
    any other ideas? Thanks.

    ==============

    did ya fix it yet??

    Let me know, ok

    BoostinB13 wrote:
    > Thanks for the advice, but unfortunatly it didn't work. Anynone have
    > any other ideas? Thanks.
    >
    > ==============
    > Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.

    Sounds like your monitor is in plug and play monitor mode.

    gg wrote:

    > did ya fix it yet??
    >
    > Let me know, ok
    >
    > BoostinB13 wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for the advice, but unfortunatly it didn't work. Anynone have
    >> any other ideas? Thanks.

    >> Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware
    >> troubleshooting newsgroups.

Gateway Resolution Monitors Nvidia Computers