NVIDIA NIVE TNT2 or Monitor problem (not sure which one)

Whats up people, I currently own a Gateway Performance 500 (500MHz
processor) running Windows ME (unfortunalty) with a NVIDIA NIVE TNT2
video card, and a EV700 monitor. Currently, my resolution is 640x480
with 16 colors. THe resolution changed after I installed Norton
Anti-Virus and Norton Firewall. The highest resolution shows is
1024x768 at 16bit color, but it wont let me change it out of
640x480, I cant change the resolution for the life of me. Ive
un-installed both Norton products and i've downloaded the most recent
drivers and nothing seems to work. The PC originally came equipped
with Win 98 and I had to reformat my hard drive.

Anyone know any solutions and what the hell can be the problem??????
:( Someone PLEASE help. TIA.

==============

smith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

I don't have experience with the Norton software but, try uninstalling the
new drivers and going back to older ones. I think I had to use 44.03 on my
ME machine to fix a problem with my old card. You can get them off Nvidia's
site.

"BoostinB13" <fattah@helios.acomp.usf-dot-edu.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message news:40cfd6d4$1_1@news.athenanews.com...
> Whats up people, I currently own a Gateway Performance 500 (500MHz
> processor) running Windows ME (unfortunalty) with a NVIDIA NIVE TNT2
> video card, and a EV700 monitor. Currently, my resolution is 640x480
> with 16 colors. THe resolution changed after I installed Norton
> Anti-Virus and Norton Firewall. The highest resolution shows is
> 1024x768 at 16bit color, but it wont let me change it out of
> 640x480, I cant change the resolution for the life of me. Ive
> un-installed both Norton products and i've downloaded the most recent
> drivers and nothing seems to work. The PC originally came equipped
> with Win 98 and I had to reformat my hard drive.
>
> Anyone know any solutions and what the hell can be the problem??????
> :( Someone PLEASE help. TIA.
>
> ==============
troubleshooting newsgroups.

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunatly it didn't work. Anynone have
any other ideas? Thanks.

did ya fix it yet??

Let me know, ok

BoostinB13 wrote:
> Thanks for the advice, but unfortunatly it didn't work. Anynone have
> any other ideas? Thanks.

> Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.

Sounds like your monitor is in plug and play monitor mode.