Just Wondering If I can Run It.

Recently inherited a decent pc from my mom while I am saving up $1300 for a custom build. Wondering If I can run Battlefield 3 at decent settings. My resolution is 1440x900. Also curious about Planetside 2.

CPU- i7 3720qm.

GPU- GeForce 650m 1gb.

Mostly just hoping for around 40fps at medium/low detail.

Any help is appreciated.
10 answers Last reply
More about just wondering
  1. Go Here on that Pc to check out performance
    Moto
  2. Can't guarantee the frame rate but I run it just fine at 1080P on a laptop with an i7 and only a 630.
  3. get a desktop instead, desktop is better for gamers, but if you go out a lot, get a 680m or 675m, but i think this is also good...
  4. I can't get a desktop. I know desktops are better for gaming but I have to make due until I have saved enough money for my custom build. I don't know about you but $1400 dollars is a lot of money. I am wondering how well this will run the games I want to play for now.
  5. Yes it will run them fine on lower settings.

6. zeyads3 said:
    get a desktop instead, desktop is better for gamers, but if you go out a lot, get a 680m or 675m, but i think this is also good...

Read the original post properly :-)
    She's saving up for a desktop...
    *Edited to reflect femality :)
    Moto
  7. Planetside 2 and BF3 will both run fine at low-medium settings with that laptop. It is surprisingly powerful for a laptop that belongs to someone's mother. Alienware charges $1000 for a system with a GTX 650M, and that is with an i5 instead of an i7.
  8. heh, bookmarking that site to check some games for my new system :)

Should be fun comparing my old to the new.
  9. Motopsychojdn said:
    Read the original post properly :-)
    He's saving up for a desktop...
    Moto

Thanks for actually reading my post, Moto.

Lydia
  10. voiidwulf said:
    Planetside 2 and BF3 will both run fine at low-medium settings with that laptop. It is surprisingly powerful for a laptop that belongs to someone's mother. Alienware charges $1000 for a system with a GTX 650M, and that is with an i5 instead of an i7.

My mom always hears me talking about Intel/AMD/nVidia so as soon she heard i7 with dedicated graphics all she could think was "Ohh, my daughter loves these doohickeys, better hand Best Buy my wallet! I shouldn't worry about saving for a rainy day, We'll never have to worry about steppin in da poo poo."
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games