anyone use a gigabyte GA-K8NS K8 Triton 754 soc mo

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
does anyone out there have a Gigabyte GA-K8NS K8 triton socket 754 Mobo. I want to know how there results was on overcockign with that board. I Running this board and athlon 64 3000. Have you used the EasyTune 4 program that came with the Driver CD?

wreck

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2004
I'm using exactly this board and CPU, and actually - it's surprising.
The program is cool, but I prefer using the BIOS to change clocks.
Anyway, I run 215mhz clockspeed with the original multplier, with the stock cooling, and it doesn't exceed 40 degrees on load. (didnt yet test it with prime, but I will soon, for now it's very stable)
I also saw great other overclocking results for this board and CPU... just try and find out for yourself.

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
yeah i found a website that used the same components to, and overclocked his 3000 to 2.4 mghz or 2.5 cant rember. I' know he used diff memory though. the webpage is

www.ocia.net/articles/754oc/page4.shtml

What kind of memory do you use? I think i need to get some pc4000 mem, so i can overclock though. currently have pc 3200, don't want to overclock the ram. do you use the easytunes to monitor temps and stuff? does this board bios come with a AGP lock on it , i can't tell. this cpu stays cool to. AT idle it stays around 29-31 degrees. on load, 3d mark 1,3 and 5 it reaches about 42-44. I do have 3 case fans though. one intake at the front, one intake fan blowing on video card, and a thermaltake smart fan 2 at 5000 rpms blowing on it. I'm thinking about putting a fan on the inside blowing air at the side of it to see I've that lowers the temps to. Not worried about the temps just want to see how cool i can get it.

TRENDING THREADS