GTA VC Question

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hi, new to GTA, and am playing III Vice City. Question: can I rob the
pizza store, or other stores? I go in and whack the clerk and I get no
money. Is there some secret?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Thought of another question: the manual mentions the need for working out.
Where/how do I do this?

"5" <red@5.com> wrote in message news:__ednW4896NabKffRVn-rg@adelphia.com...
> Hi, new to GTA, and am playing III Vice City. Question: can I rob the
> pizza store, or other stores? I go in and whack the clerk and I get no
> money. Is there some secret?

You can't rob the pizza store but there are other stores you can.
As for the working out, that's only in GTA San Andreas, although lumping a
rocket launcher around blowing police helicopters to bits really rips those
pecs.

5 wrote:

> Hi, new to GTA, and am playing III Vice City. Question: can I rob the
> pizza store, or other stores? I go in and whack the clerk and I get no
> money. Is there some secret?

To rob a store in VC (not pizza but shops) stand just in front of the
counter person and aim a gun at them. They will give you three or four
lots of money but as you collect each you will start to collect stars
too so be ready to run!
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look

5 wrote:

> Thought of another question: the manual mentions the need for working out.
> Where/how do I do this?
>
> "5" <red@5.com> wrote in message news:__ednW4896NabKffRVn-rg@adelphia.com...
> > Hi, new to GTA, and am playing III Vice City. Question: can I rob the
> > pizza store, or other stores? I go in and whack the clerk and I get no
> > money. Is there some secret?

working out? That's in San Andreas, I don't recall gyms in VC. You can
become 'healthier' by running around everywhere etc, if memory serves
right, but easier kind of is to do the ambulance missions, which
although a little difficult will give a good reward health wise
--

5 wrote:
> Thought of another question: the manual mentions the need for
> working out. Where/how do I do this?
>

> "5" <red@5.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, new to GTA, and am playing III Vice City. Question: can I rob
>> the pizza store, or other stores? I go in and whack the clerk and I
>> get no money. Is there some secret?

You can rob some of the stores, pharmacies, jewellers etc by threatening the
clerk with a gun.....as you wait doing so money appears on the desk.....the
longer you wait the more dosh......and the greater wanted level you
therefore pick up.......

As for exercise........run around everywhere and you can sprint longer
before slowing down out of breath.......handy when the law is after
you......
Alternatively get to level 12 of Ambulance for unlimited sprint
(IIRC).....Hospital to the north of the first island is a piece of
piss.........most casualties are on the beach!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Thanks for the replies--one other question: what's the best way to make
money in VC?

"5" <red@5.com> wrote in message news:1JmdnePLZOsjOqHfRVn-ig@adelphia.com...
> Thanks for the replies--one other question: what's the best way to make
> money in VC?

Vigilante mission - if you're good at it!

To start with, though - get the fire-fighter, ambulance and taxi missions
out of the way before you even start the missions. The non-monetary rewards
make it worthwhile, and you'll have cash to spend on guns later.

5 wrote:

> Thanks for the replies--one other question: what's the best way to make
> money in VC?
>
> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> 5 wrote:
> >
> > Hi, new to GTA, and am playing III Vice City. Question: can I rob the
> > pizza store, or other stores? I go in and whack the clerk and I get no
> > money. Is there some secret?
>
> To rob a store in VC (not pizza but shops) stand just in front of the
> counter person and aim a gun at them. They will give you three or four
> lots of money but as you collect each you will start to collect stars
> too so be ready to run!
> --
> Paul (That's what keeps me down)
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

To make a fair lump very early and get some weapons too you need to
collect all the packages. To do this you kind of have to use a little
cheat, though it's more of a flaw in the game. You have to be able to
leave the first island, which means using the flaw. If you want to do
this you will probably need a little help with maps and stuff so go
here and take a look for the hidden packages map and guide.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/561545.html

You can also do the pizza deliveries and a couple of other things to
get money but the packages will also give you weapons at your safe
house which you can keep collecting every time you go there.

--

> 5 wrote:
>>

>> Thanks for the replies--one other question: what's the best way to
>> mak
>> money in VC?
>>

>> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> 5 wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi, new to GTA, and am playing III Vice City. Question: can I rob
> he
>> > pizza store, or other stores? I go in and whack the clerk and I
>> > get
> no
>> > money. Is there some secret?
>>

>> To rob a store in VC (not pizza but shops) stand just in front of the
>> counter person and aim a gun at them. They will give you three or
>> four lots of money but as you collect each you will start to collect
>> stars too so be ready to run!
>> --
>> Paul (That's what keeps me down)
>> Stop and Look
>> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
>
> To make a fair lump very early and get some weapons too you need to
> collect all the packages. To do this you kind of have to use a little
> cheat, though it's more of a flaw in the game. You have to be able to
> leave the first island, which means using the flaw. If you want to do
> this you will probably need a little help with maps and stuff so go
> here and take a look for the hidden packages map and guide.
> http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/561545.html
>
> You can also do the pizza deliveries and a couple of other things to
> get money but the packages will also give you weapons at your safe
> house which you can keep collecting every time you go there.

The last time I restarted VC I did the ambulance missions first thing.
When I finished I had infinite run and about $40,000 which was more than
enough to buy all the garages on the first island. So I was pretty well
set up for the early part of the game.

Robbing stores doesn't give you a huge amount of money but it's better
than nothing. I just did them to complete the set.

Once you have all the packages the apache becomes available (tho getting
it w/o a cop uniform is tricky) and you can start doing brown thunder
missions. Once you get good enough at it to do them indefintely you can
start racking up serious money. In my current game I have around 250
million bucks. I completed all the businesses long ago but it's been so
long since I bothered picking up cash from them I don't even remember
where they are anymore... :)

-- Bob

Odd Bob wrote:

> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
>
> > 5 wrote:
> >>

> >> Thanks for the replies--one other question: what's the best way to
> >> mak
> >> money in VC?
> >>

> >> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> > he
> > no
> >>

> >> To rob a store in VC (not pizza but shops) stand just in front of the
> >> counter person and aim a gun at them. They will give you three or
> >> four lots of money but as you collect each you will start to collect
> >> stars too so be ready to run!
> >> --
> >> Paul (That's what keeps me down)
> >> Stop and Look
> >> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
> >
> > To make a fair lump very early and get some weapons too you need to
> > collect all the packages. To do this you kind of have to use a little
> > cheat, though it's more of a flaw in the game. You have to be able to
> > leave the first island, which means using the flaw. If you want to do
> > this you will probably need a little help with maps and stuff so go
> > here and take a look for the hidden packages map and guide.
> > http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/561545.html
> >
> > You can also do the pizza deliveries and a couple of other things to
> > get money but the packages will also give you weapons at your safe
> > house which you can keep collecting every time you go there.
> >

> The last time I restarted VC I did the ambulance missions first thing.
> When I finished I had infinite run and about $40,000 which was more than
> enough to buy all the garages on the first island. So I was pretty well
> set up for the early part of the game.
>
> Robbing stores doesn't give you a huge amount of money but it's better
> than nothing. I just did them to complete the set.
>
> Once you have all the packages the apache becomes available (tho getting
> it w/o a cop uniform is tricky) and you can start doing brown thunder
> missions. Once you get good enough at it to do them indefintely you can
> start racking up serious money. In my current game I have around 250
> million bucks. I completed all the businesses long ago but it's been so
> long since I bothered picking up cash from them I don't even remember
> where they are anymore... :)
>
> -- Bob

I would definitely reccomend going for the packages, but as you said,
the ambulance missions are useful and pretty reasonable to handle too