I'm confused about the Crysis storyline.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I bought Crysis 1 and 2 during the Steam Christmas Sale and I just got around to playing them. I thoroughly enjoyed both and bought Crysis 3 today.

I am confused about the storyline and what is going on with the characters though. Perhaps I wasn't paying attention in the cutscenes or something. I don't know.

It seems Prophet killed himself in the beginning of the 2nd one, so why do you play as him in the 3rd? What happened to Alcatraz? Could someone please quickly explain what is going on?

Thanks,

Solution
prophet did kill himself in the beginning of 2 but the suite turned alcatraz into prophet at the end of 2. the suite contained all of prophets emotions and memories as well as his genetic code. if you watch the cut scene at the end of 2 after the credits (theres 1 on each game) you will see that after alcatraz makes the jump into the core of the machine he is reborn as prophet.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012

I see. I played the first one at max settings, second one at max settings with lowered AA and I'm playing the 3rd with a combination of medium and high with 4X AA. It still looks excellent though.

maxdesolate

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
After the events of Crysis 2, Prophet's personality and memories stored in Nanosuit assimilates with Alcatraz's body along with Alcatraz's memories, 'like a spare ghost part' in the process. Prophet now knows that he died by shooting himself and is now back from the memories stored in the nanosuit (which is shown in the flash videos in-between).

doesnt make any sense i know. but thats how it is. :na:

prophet did kill himself in the beginning of 2 but the suite turned alcatraz into prophet at the end of 2. the suite contained all of prophets emotions and memories as well as his genetic code. if you watch the cut scene at the end of 2 after the credits (theres 1 on each game) you will see that after alcatraz makes the jump into the core of the machine he is reborn as prophet.

Solution