Treo 650 and cellular reception/dropped calls question-PLE..

Last response: in Network Providers
July 2, 2005 9:20:46 AM

Hi all,

I recently went from a Motorola V710 (Tri-band) cellular phone through
Verizon to a Treo 650 (all digital) smartphone. I had very good
reliability with cellular call connections with my Motorola phone, but
the features of the Treo are very impressive. Although the Treo is
generally pretty good with calls while in my car, I do have trouble
with it in the Hospital at times and often at home. Verizon has told
me that it is an all digital phone and that the indoor coverage is not
guaranteed to be as good outdoor. This really seemed like a lame
response. I especially need much more reliable coverage in my house
with it. In various areas it goes from one or two signal bars to zero,
but the signal also tends to fluctuate even when the phone remains in
one place. Is there anyway to improve reception in my house. I have
tried the *228 programming with no improvement. Can anyone recommend a
Digital Cellular Signal Booster that is wireless or something that I
can purchase from my home? I really prefer wireless as I don't want to
have to plug my phone into anything while in my house to be able to
use it reliably.

Thanks in advance
Steve
Thanks in advance!!!
Regards,
Steve B.
PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 3:01:57 PM

On August 1, 2005, the charge to receive TXT Messages will increase from
$0.02 to 0.10 per message.

Taken from the Verizon website.

David R. Goyer
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 8:20:45 PM

"David R Goyer" <davgo@comcast.net> wrote in

> On August 1, 2005, the charge to receive TXT Messages will increase
> from
> $0.02 to 0.10 per message.

Yep. Moral of this story - make sure TXT is included in your plan and
don't go over your allotment.

BigBob
!