Sign in with
Your question

Good Headphones and Sound Card?

Last response: in Video Games
a b 4 Gaming
March 7, 2013 9:43:51 PM

Hi, so I currently have a gaming computer and have been gaming for half a year, however, I do not know if I should add a sound card and headphones, I currently live in Taiwan, so everything is hard to find. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nuclear101
March 7, 2013 10:43:40 PM

On board sound is actually pretty good these days but for headphones, I recomend Logitech G35's. Dollar for dollar these are great!
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 8, 2013 5:15:22 PM

I agree with HardwareWhore. On-board sound and for headphones, I like my G35s.
m
l
Related resources
March 8, 2013 5:26:26 PM

It's funny to me that it's hard to find computer parts in the country they're all produced in!

I haven't had a soundcard since most motherboards started coming with onboard sound.

Not sure how much you're looking to spend. I'm fond of my Steel Series 5H V2's.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 12, 2013 2:17:34 AM

jesot said:
It's funny to me that it's hard to find computer parts in the country they're all produced in!

I haven't had a soundcard since most motherboards started coming with onboard sound.

Not sure how much you're looking to spend. I'm fond of my Steel Series 5H V2's.

I also think it's funny :) , but the problem is they sell something eg. the soundcard for around 400 US instead of the actual price. Anyways, my budget for both is 500 US.

m
l
March 12, 2013 5:15:56 AM

I use the Asus Sonar Essence STX sound card with the Dolby Headphones technology and a pair of BeyerDynamics DT990 Pro headphones . .
Onboard sound is "ok" but this combination blew everything out of the water for me . . i will never go back to play games without it or movies and music for that matter no competition what-so-ever.
m
l
!