Sign in with
Your question

Crysis 1 noot booting

Last response: in Video Games
March 7, 2013 10:13:01 PM

Crysis 1 and Crysis Warhead will not boot. black screen opens then windows error. Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 boot just fine.

Specs,

AMD 8350
MSI 990FX-GD65
Radeon 7970OC
16 GB DDR3 1600
Windows 7 Home 64-Bit

More about : crysis noot booting

March 8, 2013 6:00:19 AM

Never mind I solved this myself, Has anyone ever heard of EA games you own on Steam not loading unless you buy them on Origin? That's exactly what happened in this case. Tried everything I could to get it to run on Steam uninstall/reinstall several times on several different drives all failed - downloaded it on origin - ran like a charm.
m
l
March 8, 2013 6:40:46 AM

I've got C1 on steam and others on origin, I'll check
Moto
m
l
Related resources
March 8, 2013 7:05:04 AM

Erm, sorry for the delay hehe,
Had a couple of hiccups, had the black screen you mentioned, which morphed to whiteout, after a couple of Ctrl/Alt/Del's it got the idea and I ran the beachdrop just to check,
all well here, I have C1 on Origin as part of the Hunter prepay pack but haven't DL'd it as I already had one and two
Moto
m
l
March 8, 2013 9:04:09 AM

go into the nstall folder and select the crysis exe. open its properties and select run in compatability mode. then select vista sp2 also select run as admin.
doing it this way will stop origin gaining higher privs and the game should work.

this should work for both 32 and 64bit crysis on win 7. i dunno about 8
m
l
March 8, 2013 9:05:51 AM

i dunno if its just me but after playing 2 and 3 crysis 1 looks decidedly dated now.
i think it needs some texture and lighting mods to bring it back up to spec.
m
l
March 8, 2013 2:50:30 PM

HEXiT said:
i dunno if its just me but after playing 2 and 3 crysis 1 looks decidedly dated now.

+1

Keep hoping Crytek will optimize the Cryengine 3 Xbox version of Crysis for PC. :na: 
m
l
March 8, 2013 3:23:10 PM

It's just EA trying too hard to promote Origin.
Do what HEXiT said and you'll be fine
m
l
March 8, 2013 5:38:34 PM

HEXiT said:

I admit, my brain struggled because I'm programmed for my Crysis2/3 mouse setup now lol
/Panic mode, wheres my gorram cloak, oh doesn't matter, I'm DEAD!
Gettting a good 60Fps though hehe
Moto
m
l
March 9, 2013 12:14:47 AM

HEXiT said:

That was one of the first things I tried and still failed, I haven't tried since I installed it in origin but I did make sure to keep them on separate drives. I'll play around with it over the weekend.
m
l
!