Solo 1150 won't boot past post, beeps 1-3-1-3

I have a Solo 1150 laptop here that won't boot past post, error beeps
follow the pattern of 1-3-1-3. Can anybody decipher this?

Various searches I've done suggest this MAY be the problem:

Test 8742 Keyboard Controller

but frankly, I don't know if it is the problem, even what that is
exactly or how to go about fixing it.

Any advice would be appreciated. A step-by-step plan of getting this
machine running would earn my undying gratitude.

I hate being stumped like this.
Thanks,
Ahron

Hi, I have the same laptop with the same problem. Have you had any
luck getting your laptop to work?

Yeah, I actually did figure out how to fix it.
It was because the keyboard wasn't properly installed.
I carefully unplugged and replugged in the keyboard, making sure there
weren't any crimps in the cable strip, and voila! It was fixed.

You might have to actually replace the keyboard if this doesn't work.

Thanks for the info; I figured my machine’s problem out also. For me
all I had to do was remove the battery and the machine boots fine.