Sign in with
Your question

what water cooling kit is good?

Last response: in Overclocking
March 14, 2005 8:17:58 PM

Hay guys

i have seen these kits which one is good for OC, e,t,c. and easyest to use.

Thermaltake Aquarius II Liquid Cooling
Q-TEC KS70 CPU Watercooler Bay
Evercool WC-301 Watercooling Kit
Watercooling-system "Cool Running v2.5"

from this place:

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/catalog/category_12...

<font color=purple> MY FINGER IS ON THE BUTTON! </font color=purple>

More about : water cooling kit good

March 14, 2005 8:21:04 PM

They umm... all blow, the best one is probably the cool running v2.5, but the radiator seems too small, and pump looks gay.

Looking at your limited choices, I'd recommend the Thermaltake Aquarius 3, that is if you're limited to kits.
March 14, 2005 9:50:30 PM

why do they blow and will they actrually cool better than air, and which is one of the best value for money awsome water coolers.

Related resources
March 14, 2005 10:37:31 PM

From the price/performance point of view, I would recommend the Thermaltake Bigwater.
March 14, 2005 10:42:31 PM

are you sure they have this one but 3 times the cost:

Asetek WaterChill Antarctica KT12A-L20 [220V/10mm] CPU/VGA/Chipset cooling kit (03-L-5015) inc. FREE Cap & Lanyard !
» SHIPS TODAY
£142.09 £166.96

March 15, 2005 4:44:20 AM

Do you live in the states? What system are you cooling? What are your current temps? What components do you plan on cooling with liquid? What price range are you looking at?

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"
March 15, 2005 8:12:10 AM

That Coolermaster Aquagate ALC-U01 looks good to me, but I haven't heard much of it. Does someone know if its any good?

<A HREF="http://www.forsaken-game.com/" target="_new">Half-Life2:Forsaken</A>
March 15, 2005 9:27:52 AM

i Live in the uk thats why the 2 sites listed are uk online shops the cheapest i have found so far.

its a xp2600 running at 45C under load 52C, had enough of noise and poor OC abilitie of standard cooler. i have a coolmaster aero jet to noisey at full rpm when OC to 2400mhz.

gfix cards x800xt and a 6800 128mb, i use different setups for each card, one harddrive for each card. not worried about cooling for these cards both have after market coolong which is silent anyways.

motherboard dfi LP nf2 ultra B. temp never exceeds 35 under OC.

I dont want to exceed a price of £100. unless i am going to see below 20c cpu temps then £200 plus i want it to look real good in the case.

thermaltake bigwater for £60 looks good, its silent but i dont know its real world performance.

March 15, 2005 11:36:41 AM

The Thermaltake Big Water was the first liquid cooling system that I owned. For the money it does a good job. There are a few things that you will probably want to do a little different than what the instructions say. For instance you can cut your temps about 5C by just running the liquid in a different Route than the one they suggest. What kind of case do you have? If you can give me a link to a case like yours I can make some suggestions on how to set it up. There are better units out there, but for the money this is a good buy IMO.

<font color=red>Now that I have given up hope, I feel alot better</font color=red>
March 15, 2005 12:07:11 PM

i think i have a decent case its:

http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/lanfire/vm2000a.ht...

i ripped the plastic stands off they were just iritating, the case is pretty light weight to carry, the link should tell u everything about the case.

March 15, 2005 12:09:03 PM

what does IMO stand for?

March 15, 2005 1:03:37 PM

In My Opinion :)  guess what IMNSHO stands for :p 

<A HREF="http://www.forsaken-game.com/" target="_new">Half-Life2:Forsaken</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by DeathClock on 03/15/05 10:04 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
March 15, 2005 2:13:14 PM

Thermaltake cases... really not a big fan of them, they always have such sh*tty thermal designs.
March 15, 2005 3:07:54 PM

4 fans as standard, aluminium brought it 2 years ago when no one had even seen a modded case, let alone 4 fans in a case, which has awsome airflow.

look at the link and see the amount of awards it has won.

i used to lan party a lot, used to play ut, ut 2003 then halo in big groups.

its one of the lightest, its look is dated copared to the all new shark which is just stunning to look at, i am sorry u dont like thermaltake for reasen which i cannot see justified please explain why?

i do know there are much better cases but at a much higher price.

March 15, 2005 4:05:58 PM

I looked into Thermaltake cases, it's not their lack of fans, it's their crap front to back flow design. Unlike other companies i truly trust in terms of good cases such as Silverstone(pretty much cheaper Lian Li's) And Coolermaster.
March 15, 2005 4:06:50 PM

But don't get me wrong, Aluminum cases from Thermaltake are comparatively much cheaper than ones from CoolerMaster or Silverstone(Silverstone full tower aluminum case costs nearly 300 dollars!)
March 15, 2005 4:43:19 PM

For sure compared to the old tat i have, on that point i really do have to agree with you i would have to be nuts not to.

But and i really mean but, the new shark is amazing i suggest u should have a look, and the looks kill most and i really mean most cases.

March 15, 2005 8:37:36 PM

Your case is fine. Its easy for us to sometimes get caught up in the latest and greatest products on the market. That case will be fine for what your wanting to do. It should support the cooling system inside or out, whichever you prefer.

<font color=red>Now that I have given up hope, I feel alot better</font color=red>
March 15, 2005 8:41:17 PM

Quote:
Thermaltake cases... really not a big fan of them, they always have such sh*tty thermal designs.

That may have been true in the past, I have a Tsunami that im not particularly happy with. Some of their newer cases are very good for thermal design. I have one of the Shark series andlove just about every aspect of it. The case has very good airflow.

March 15, 2005 8:45:05 PM

Youve got a Shark?

March 15, 2005 9:03:26 PM

I havent i just have a xaser III, but i have seen the shark and it looks fantastic, Amazing even. looks great in black and silver.

March 15, 2005 10:47:37 PM

Well if you compare the Shark to a Temjin6 from silverstone or the VA1000 from Lian Li, it's no comparison:D  But then again the Temjin06 is a metal case not aluminum, and the Lian Li costs about 50US more.
March 16, 2005 1:30:10 AM

Ive got the silver one. It looks 10 times better than you would think by looking at the pics. That honeycomb side panel is cool to me.

March 16, 2005 8:41:57 AM

I never liked cases like the Thermaltake Xaser / Chieftec's / Diabolic Minotaur and more of those face-like cases, I just think they are as ugly as anything could possibly be. But thats just my opinion... :)  I like style, not crappy face like cases, or cases with to much chrome etc on them.

<A HREF="http://www.forsaken-game.com/" target="_new">Half-Life2:Forsaken</A>
March 16, 2005 8:51:21 AM

I dont really care for that sort of look either thats why I bought the Shark, but preference as to what one looks like is an indivdual choice. Then again I suppose that most things are.

March 16, 2005 8:57:08 AM

Go back 2-4 years and the modding seen was dead. it was people like thermaltake which made it public, and actualy made a market for it from the plain horrible beige crap most people had from dell e,t,c.

i was one of the first to have a aluminium looking case with a window which had neon lights inside, and 4 coller fans with controls and lcd display. AND thats thx to thermaltake 3 years ago approx. and i know for sure there was Friggin nothing about 3 years ago apart from cheiftecs tank case. big bright coloured thing.

What case did u have 3 - 4 years ago? lol dont say biege. yes i am one for style but style originated from cheiftec and thermaltake from the begining we have them t thank for what we can buy today as they pushed design ideas out.

March 16, 2005 11:05:03 AM

Nice that was cutting edge back in the days lol.

March 16, 2005 11:12:05 AM

is there a massive difference between this one and the thermaltake one in performance to cool the cpu?

!