Arma 3 Alpha bad performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

xHALORDx

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Hello!, Last week I got arma 3 alpha when it came out and its great. However, I am only getting 25-40 FPS with medium settings. I understand arma is a very resource heavy game but with my rig I figured I would've gone alot better:
2x GTX 670 4gb SC Sli
and my CPU is a intel core i7 3770k
32gb RAM
Does Arma 3 not support SLI/have poorly optimized SLI or is it just that hard to run (seems extremely unlikely).
I have latest GPU drivers.

Solution
I have:
i5-3570k 4.4ghz
Single gtx 670 4gb SC
16gig ram

I get 40-50 fps on the infantry showcase, but in multiplayer or in vehicles its like 20-30. Also it doesen't seem to matter what the resolution or graphics settings are, and the usage of CPU or GPU is never 100%. So its the game.

shad0w_snip3r

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
I have:
i5-3570k 4.4ghz
Single gtx 670 4gb SC
16gig ram

I get 40-50 fps on the infantry showcase, but in multiplayer or in vehicles its like 20-30. Also it doesen't seem to matter what the resolution or graphics settings are, and the usage of CPU or GPU is never 100%. So its the game.

Solution
G

With how much larger the game is than any other I know, I don't see it having many quick tricks to make it run better.

Add the fact that in order to optimize the code you have to have the code, and the code is changing daily for alpha.. I don't feel the least bit surprised that the game doesn't run all that great at the highest end.

I mean, we're still in the stage that they will be changing the engine and implements of physics, graphics, and all. It's going to be some time before they have solid 'release' quality code to sit down and optimize and performance check..

on the SLI note, there are no GPU drivers out for arma 3 yet, because as i said, there is no fixed graphics release code yet. SLI is hard to support/poorly supported in lots of already released games, so no surprise that it is poorly supported at this stage. If it's anything it's just patchwork.

what more can we expect?

gregderm

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.