Sign in with
Your question

Monitor Causing Eye strain?

Last response: in Video Games
March 9, 2013 12:48:30 PM

Alright so I used to play a lot of ps3 gaming and i still play a bit, i can play ps3 for 6 hours no breaks and my eyes are perfect sometimes get a bit dry, no real eye strain.

On PC, I can play on any settings any game I have a 7870 and i5-3570k. If i even load up a game and get 2 minutes into it then my eyes start to hurt, and I can't even play...

I use the same monitor and i sit the same distance away from the same monitor. It is a 60hz monitor and i play at 60fps and i've tried 30fps, it's just worst.

I Have no clue why this is happening. People say its the 60hz and I've considered getting a 120hz monitor and crossfiring if this will solve the solution to my eye "strain".

Thanks a lot.

I don't know where to post this so sorry if you see it on another section of toms.
March 9, 2013 6:45:06 PM

You could ask a doctor..
m
l
a b C Monitor
March 9, 2013 7:57:33 PM

best go to an opticians if he prescribes glasses and you still get problems then go to the doctor, most people can handle 60hz np. it was only really a probllem with crt and flicker. 60hz on lcd is really 200mhz + as the led or backlight need to strobe quicker than the lcd layer which strobes at 60hz.
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
March 9, 2013 7:58:29 PM

you wear glasses your eyes aint fine. itcan be anything causing it you may need new glasses to you may have an ear infection. so go to the doc and get checked out.
m
l
March 10, 2013 12:10:12 PM

@thomas

My eyes are medically fine i wear glaases though

@HEXiT

Somebody else answered on another post and explained the whole idea and he explained how 120hz reduced motion sickness.
m
l
a b C Monitor
March 10, 2013 12:19:14 PM

lol it doesnt... motion sickness is an imbalance between what the eye sees and the ear feels. and that crossed information makes the sufferer nauseous. because its an imbalance between the 2 you can placebo effect the brain into thinking its ok which is whats happening with the 120hz thing. the guy thinks it works so it does work. 120hz wont make any real difference if your eyes say your going straight but your ears say your not you will get motion sick.
me i suffer real motion sickness. if a read a book on the bus or sit in the back of a car on a journey longer than 20 mins i will vomit on the driver. in this case its an imbalance my eyes say im moving straight but my ears say im moving up/down left right back and forward. and is something i cant get used to.
you however would get used to none motion sickness your eyes say your moving your ears say your not you have to tell your brain the image on screen is moving and not you. some people do this straight away others suffer if they have eye problems or hearing problems to begin with.
m
l
March 10, 2013 1:18:30 PM

HEXiT said:
lol it doesnt... motion sickness is an imbalance between what the eye sees and the ear feels. and that crossed information makes the sufferer nauseous. because its an imbalance between the 2 you can placebo effect the brain into thinking its ok which is whats happening with the 120hz thing. the guy thinks it works so it does work. 120hz wont make any real difference if your eyes say your going straight but your ears say your not you will get motion sick.
me i suffer real motion sickness. if a read a book on the bus or sit in the back of a car on a journey longer than 20 mins i will vomit on the driver. in this case its an imbalance my eyes say im moving straight but my ears say im moving up/down left right back and forward. and is something i cant get used to.
you however would get used to none motion sickness your eyes say your moving your ears say your not you have to tell your brain the image on screen is moving and not you. some people do this straight away others suffer if they have eye problems or hearing problems to begin with.

People have different types of motion sickness. And I never had this problem before. I also think its a giant placebo i've placed on myself.
m
l
!