Sign in with
Your question

temp software

Last response: in Overclocking
March 25, 2005 8:25:09 PM

Hi!

Is there any software to read temparature of CPU, system while computer is running.I know one but it is for Linux.

Thanks

More about : temp software

March 25, 2005 8:52:47 PM

MBM5, just google that.
March 26, 2005 3:22:02 PM

Thank you very much for your info. I have installed and it runs quite well. However, I should say that I was bit disappointed. I really do not think it is not difficult to have this kind of sofwtare ( though I can not do it myself).But the sofwtare does not seems to read much info from the mobo, the evidence is that I has to load data from a server and ask user to choose the mobo model. In my case, I have Abit IS 10 and I simply could not find one in the database. I had to settle down with IS7.

In that case, I was also concenrned about the accuracy of result. There are quite a few software that read all hardware property of your PC.

But thnak you very much.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 28, 2005 2:51:57 AM

Quote:
But the sofwtare does not seems to read much info from the mobo, the evidence is that I has to load data...

Clear your mind of the feeces collected there from years of listening to it being spewed from other's mouths: MBM5 reads the sensors from your motherboard, the reason it asks you what board you have is so it will know what each sensor is supposed to do.

Now if you meant to imply it doesn't read the model number from the BIOS string, you're right, it doesn't. That would require a separate program to be integrated into MBM5.

The problem with having an unsupported board is that, while MBM5 sees the sensors, it doesn't automatically know which sensor was assigned to which task by the board maker. I've had to figure it out manually on unsupported boards.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
!