solo 2150 cmos battery replacement

yvonne

Hi,

I am going to have to replace a dead cmos battery in a friends solo 2150
laptop. I have searched the net with no luck for disassembly instructions. I
haven't got to see the laptop yet, but I would like to know what I am up
against. Has anyone in this forum taken apart a 2150? Is it straight forward
or are there 'hidden' screws and stuff?
I love laptops but desktops are so much easier to work on.

Than you,
Yvonne

Yvonne <yvonnehannaathotmail.com> wrote:
: Hi,

: I am going to have to replace a dead cmos battery in a friends solo 2150
: laptop. I have searched the net with no luck for disassembly instructions. I
: haven't got to see the laptop yet, but I would like to know what I am up
: against. Has anyone in this forum taken apart a 2150? Is it straight forward
: or are there 'hidden' screws and stuff?
: I love laptops but desktops are so much easier to work on.

: Than you,
: Yvonne

I think the cmos battery is under the keyboard on the 2150. The keyboard
is held in place by tabs around the keyboard frame. You will need to use a
jeweler's screwdriver or similar small flat instrument to gently pry the
keyboard up. There is a gateway laptop forum at

http://www.voy.com/56937/

It has a lot of helpful info on the 2150.

yvonne

Thank You !

Yvonne