Troubles with playing my PC game

Tony09

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Hey guys I'm in need of some assistance. I just recently bought my old favorite game Age of Empires 2 and the expansion pack. I can install both games fully. However when I go to play the game a small window pops up and states "Age of Empires 2 has unexpectedly stopped working" then it just closes on me and it says Windows could not find a solution to the problem. I was wondering if anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

Tony09

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Um I have Windows Vista home premium intel penguin d processor 915 250 gb of data. Not sure what all you need. I'm not very smart when it comes to computers lol

ZakX11

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
What is your motherboard? Do you run games on the integrated graphics chip?
P.S LOL you clicked Find a solution when it stopped working? So naive...
Also , Intel PENGUIN? I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na:

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012

Intel Penguin D. xD

I think I just soiled myself laughing.

But in all seriousness, we need to know your graphics card and RAM as well. Download and install this program:
http://www.piriform.com/speccy

It will tell you all the stuff we need to know.

Tony09

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Haha I meant Intel Pentium XD. And Intel graphics media accelerator 950. My computer is just a stock one. It's a Gateway GT5404 with Dual Core 64 bit processor with Intel EM64T technology each core operates at 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB 2x2 MB L2 cache. For memory I have 1024 MB DDR2. I have 1 GB of RAM. I'm not sure about the graphics card. Also when I play Star Wars KOTOR 2 it's so slow and laggy feeling most of the time it will freeze or stop working all together too

Tony09

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Haha I meant Intel Pentium XD. And Intel graphics media accelerator 950. My computer is just a stock one. It's a Gateway GT5404 with Dual Core 64 bit processor with Intel EM64T technology each core operates at 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB 2x2 MB L2 cache. For memory I have 1024 MB DDR2. I have 1 GB of RAM. I'm not sure about the graphics card. Also when I play Star Wars KOTOR 2 it's so slow and laggy feeling most of the time it will freeze or stop working all together too

crookedmouth

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
I don't have AoE2 so find it's install path. Something like C:\Program Files\Age of Empires 2\ AgeofEmpires2.exe or something. Right-click the executable(.exe). Choose Properties then the Compatibility tab. "tick" Run this program in compatibility mode for, try Windows XP SP3 or SP2 which is chosen from a drop down.

At the bottom of the same page you'll see something like Run this program as an administrator, "tick" that also.

To get full control of the folder you go back to the actual install folder "C:\Program Files\Age of Empires 2" or whatever. Right-click that folder that contains the .exe, go to Properties, choose Security,Highlight "Users", click the Edit button to change permissions, then choose "Full Control" and then Apply.

I think that's it.