• Asus
  • Games
  • Graphics Cards
  • Call of Duty
  • Video Games
  • Product
Last response: in Video Games
March 10, 2013 1:44:10 AM

I was planning to buy a new laptop which allow me to play some games like COD series, Battlefields or Dragon Nest. (The old one is around 5 years old and consider very slow with no graphic card, only thing I can play is MapleStory.) :pfff: 

I saw an Asus Laptop with i3 processor and nvidia gt 610m 2gb vram, which I think is affordable for me. :bounce: 

I am not an expert in pc stuff so would like to know if gt 610m is enough to play games that I mentioned. Since I am not a hard gamer so I think games with around resolution 1024x768 is enough for me. :D 

Thank you for your advise.

(To make things easier, the laptop that I planned to buy is Asus A55VD i3-3110M, 2gb ddr3 and 500gb hdd.) :hello: 

And by the way, I read a lot of reviews about the gt 610m graphic card, most of it were kinda negative, but from the youtube , I saw the games were playing quite smooth with gt 610. kinda confuse and dilemma here. :ouch: 

More about : play games asus

March 10, 2013 3:19:10 AM

The GT610 is not powerful enough to really play modern games. That laptop isn't meant for gaming, and isn't what you are looking for.

Unfortunately gaming laptops are very expensive. How much would you be willing to spend?

This laptop is heavily discounted right now. It is good for the price.
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us...
m
l
March 10, 2013 3:42:03 AM

The 610 to be blunt is a terrible card. What's your budget and I'll better assist you in finding the right laptop for that resolution it shouldn't cost much. What wulf posted is too much for that resolution so I'd try to get something cheaper and less powerful. If you really wanna get a good deal on a gaming laptop I'd search extensively on ebay.
m
l
Related resources
March 10, 2013 4:06:21 AM

MannyPacquiao said:

If you want to spend a little more and get better performance this is a better option. At its native resolution of 1366 x 768 you can play almost anything max.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Why get that when for the same price he can get the one I linked? It has an i7, 7730M 2GB, 8GB of RAM, 750GB HDD, and a full HD 1080P screen.
m
l
March 10, 2013 4:13:55 AM

voiidwulf said:
Why get that when for the same price he can get the one I linked? It has an i7, 7730M 2GB, 8GB of RAM, 750GB HDD, and a full HD 1080P screen.

That's true, but then again doubt he'll want anything that good since he wanted to game on 1024x768. Still the 640m is better than the 7730. Gaming on 1080p on medium in most games, but it'll be hard to get high or max on newer games.
m
l
March 10, 2013 12:54:05 PM

I found this forum oversea from Malaysia, so if with the currency exchange now, I think my budget will be around US$ 600-650.

The Acer Aspire that Manny show me is quite affordable for me but still, I don't know whether will they provide shipping service for me.

My friend told me if I wanna go in economic way, Radeon is my choice. Actually I can be satisfied easily just by playing games in Medium-Low settings, What I need is a laptop which can provide graphic.

Maybe you guys can help me in finding Radeon laptop?
m
l
March 10, 2013 3:06:25 PM

aeronchee said:
I found this forum oversea from Malaysia, so if with the currency exchange now, I think my budget will be around US$ 600-650.

The Acer Aspire that Manny show me is quite affordable for me but still, I don't know whether will they provide shipping service for me.

My friend told me if I wanna go in economic way, Radeon is my choice. Actually I can be satisfied easily just by playing games in Medium-Low settings, What I need is a laptop which can provide graphic.

Maybe you guys can help me in finding Radeon laptop?

You won't get a better laptop for gaming than that one at that price. Just try purchasing it with your friends address or yours if yours, and see how much the shipping is.
m
l
March 13, 2013 7:46:50 AM

I found a laptop locally near my house. Please help me check is it good enough for med-low setting games?

lenovo ideapad
core i5,
4gb ddr3,
nvidia gt635,
1000gb hdd.
price around US$610.
m
l
!