SanDisk Buying SSD Developer Pliant Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the consolidation of SSD makers begin, much like how it happened with HDD makers?

Not that its a bad thing, if the consolidated companies promise to devote more to research and innovating on multiple fronts.

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Hopefully Microsoft configures Windows 8 to have more adaptability to SSD's, I have to do a checkdisk on mine every five boots. Or if they make a SSD version of it that works differently - since HDDs are all about queues.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]So the consolidation of SSD makers begin, much like how it happened with HDD makers?Not that its a bad thing, if the consolidated companies promise to devote more to research and innovating on multiple fronts.[/citation]

In this case, you get two minor players combining to possibly form a real alternative to the bigger players. Not entirely a bad thing imo, this time the consolidation might add another realistic choice and drive further innovation in the market.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
*checking beard growth while waiting for prices to come down enough for SSD upgrades to make more sense than an upgrade in graphics or CPU for gaming experience*

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
I hope they expand to the consumer market and offer some SSD there, and that’s to heat up the competition and lower the prices.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]*checking beard growth while waiting for prices to come down enough for SSD upgrades to make more sense than an upgrade in graphics or CPU for gaming experience*[/citation]
Casually coming back years later, still SSD make less sense than upgrading other components. My beard is growing quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.