Sign in with
Your question
Closed

SanDisk Buying SSD Developer Pliant Tech

Last response: in News comments
May 16, 2011 11:42:34 PM

So the consolidation of SSD makers begin, much like how it happened with HDD makers?

Not that its a bad thing, if the consolidated companies promise to devote more to research and innovating on multiple fronts.
Score
May 17, 2011 12:07:51 PM

Hopefully Microsoft configures Windows 8 to have more adaptability to SSD's, I have to do a checkdisk on mine every five boots. Or if they make a SSD version of it that works differently - since HDDs are all about queues.
Score
Related resources
May 17, 2011 12:48:58 PM

eddieroolzSo the consolidation of SSD makers begin, much like how it happened with HDD makers?Not that its a bad thing, if the consolidated companies promise to devote more to research and innovating on multiple fronts.

In this case, you get two minor players combining to possibly form a real alternative to the bigger players. Not entirely a bad thing imo, this time the consolidation might add another realistic choice and drive further innovation in the market.
Score
May 17, 2011 5:28:44 PM

Interesting... hope to see some real fruit off of this seed.
Score
May 18, 2011 10:47:24 AM

*checking beard growth while waiting for prices to come down enough for SSD upgrades to make more sense than an upgrade in graphics or CPU for gaming experience*
Score
May 19, 2011 10:18:23 PM

I hope they expand to the consumer market and offer some SSD there, and that’s to heat up the competition and lower the prices.
Score
January 25, 2013 11:14:47 AM

virtualban*checking beard growth while waiting for prices to come down enough for SSD upgrades to make more sense than an upgrade in graphics or CPU for gaming experience*

Casually coming back years later, still SSD make less sense than upgrading other components. My beard is growing quite nicely.
Score
January 25, 2013 11:16:17 AM

p.s. 3x 1 TB raid 0 with 32 MB cache on each HDD, quite nice in performance, capacity, and price. :p 
Score
!