How good is Cingular in the S.F. Bay Area?

South bay more than up in/near the city.

Looking around for a reliable provider. I've gotten mixed reviews on
Verizon, and not so good reviews on most others, but not too much one
way or the other on Cingular. Except from the Cingular folks, of course,
who tell me "it's gotten a lot better".

So how is it?

Will they get better when they absorb ATT's base stations?

Isaac

It's "acceptable" in my opinion. Try to test it for 14 days in the areas you
frequent.

My understanding is that Verizon is supposed to have the better coverage. My
other line is Sprint and I'm pleased with Sprint's coverage in the Bay
Area - actually slightly better than Cingular (for my use).