Any noticeable difference between RC1 and official release?

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
I've been running RC1 (7100) since the day it was released and I have been quite happy with it. Is there any noticeable difference between RC1 and the official version that was released today? If not I'm going to continue using the RC for awhile. If the new version is better, I will upgrade today! Thanks!

Solution
Without going with an all out review, I'd say it's basically the same as the RC. The only difference I've seen is the WEI score. With the RC, I was getting a 6.5 for graphics, but now I'm getting a 7.3 for both Aero and gaming. Not bad. Still stuck on 5.9 with a Velociraptor, but I'll live.
Without going with an all out review, I'd say it's basically the same as the RC. The only difference I've seen is the WEI score. With the RC, I was getting a 6.5 for graphics, but now I'm getting a 7.3 for both Aero and gaming. Not bad. Still stuck on 5.9 with a Velociraptor, but I'll live.

Solution

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
The difference wouldn't be drastic. Retail will have some hidden bug fixes that the RC wouldn't have. Also, if there were compatibility issues, that most likely would have been taken cared of in Retail.

So if RC is working good for you and you could deal with the shutting off every couple of hours, then stay with it until you have enough to buy the retail version.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
OP here; I went ahead and bought the family pack from Best Buy last night (3 upgrades for $150). I set up a dual boot so I can do some comparing. So far I've noticed you now have the ability to turn off tray notifications rather than just hide them. That's all. Other wise, so far it's identical on the surface. I'll keep posting here on anything new I notice.

TRENDING THREADS