Are These Specs Good Enough For Gaming?

Stanran

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hi. I've looked at benchmarks, on all these parts, and they turned out to be pretty good. Not perfect, though, but I'd just like the opinion of you guys, because I respect your opinions, and enjoy your reviews. I'm planning on building a gaming rig, and was wondering if these parts are good enough, for at least 2012 Games, at 40-60Fps, on a monitor supporting 1366x768. I at least wanna be able to get 60-100FPS, on Black Ops 2, on Medium-Low Settings. Is it possible?.. Here are the Specs, for my build. And yes, these parts, can all be Overclocked.

CPU: AMD ATHLON II X2 270 3.4Ghz
Motherboard: Asrock N68 VS3-UCC AM3+
Ram: Kingston 4GB DDR3 @1333
PSU: 500W
Hard Drive: Hitachi 500GB SATA 7200RPM
Optical Drive: (Not needed atm, lol)
Graphics Card: Evga Gerforce Gt630 2GB DDR3
Can't remember if the Board comes with a sound card, but if not, would this Sound Card be good:
Genius 5.1 PCI Audio soundcard

What you guys think?

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011

The graphics card is meh. It's a tad worse than my 6670 ddr3. Never played blackops, but any game I play on my 6670 just doesn't run smooth at all above 1156x864. Tend to get around 40fps @ that resolution in games like Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.
So no. For 60-100 fps, you'd need atleast an AMD Radeon HD 6850 or a GTX 460 (Don't know NVidia that well, can't comment on newer models).

That processor is also old. Games are beginning to use four cores, and the athlon II is quite slow. A phenom II x4 965 BE would do you nicely without breaking the bank.

That hard drive is rather pish. I recommend a 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM at least.

Never heard of Genius sound cards. My opinion? Either go for the full monty (Read; Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro) or don't bother at all. Reason for that, is if you buy a budget soundcard, you'll want the better models, ending up with you forking out more cash. At least, that's what happened to me.

Need more info on the PSU. 500W what? A 500W corsair or a 500W rosewill? Rosewill is god awful. Their 500W is more like 200W. Corsair, on the other hand, their 500W is around 550/600W iirc.

The RAM is meh.

tl;dr: That build was slow when it's parts first came out. You'll need to spend more money (£350 would do nicely) if you want to play games newer than 2008 at acceptable framerates (30fps minimum) at reasonable settings.

Stanran

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

Well dang!.. That rig is going to run me $2,195 TT.. That's about $400-$500USD, and that's all I'm going to get out of the rig? Wow... And I didn't give a name for the Power Supply, because the case I was getting, said it's coming with the PSU, but it didn't state the brand name. You sure I can't at least 60Fps, in small areas? :(.. Because the rig I use name, gets me 54Fps, on lowest settings, in medium sized areas, and that's good enough for me. Wide places give me 30Fps. My current Rig has Intel Celeron e3400 Dual-Core @2.6Ghz Processor. EL1850G-42W Motherboard(Not able to overclock) MSI Radeon HD6450 1Gb DDR3 Graphics Card. 220Watt Power Supply(Idk the brand) 2GB DDR3 Ram. & Weatern Digital 320GB Hard Drive(t's gone bad, though)... Now if that crappy rig can do what I stated, even though it's not much, if I Overclock this new one, I should get better results. C'mon. :(

Stanran

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

I'm from the Caribbean: Trinidad & Tobago. :( Things are hard to get, and very expensive here. A good gaming rig, that can run games like Crysis 2, full speed would cost me $3,866.15 TT $600 USD

Stanran

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

Lol, didn't you read from the top?.. This is all to do with building my own gaming machine. That's how much everything is going to cost. :/

Stanran

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

Sure. This first one shows the items in stock, and their prices. http://www.supertechtt.com/download/pricelistpos.pdf .... And http://www.prwe.com/ .. But this last one, I couldn't find a listing for Graphics Cards. I don't know any other stores, and the ones I found, have no websites. totally sucks. Anyway, what are your thoughts.

ediedavs

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
You should get 2 more gb of RAM at the Nvidia 640 is much better than the 630, You should head to Intel (probably i3 or i5) for a cpu the AThlon II isnt as good. Most boards come with a Sound card now, so unless you want extreme quality sound you should save the money and upgrade your graphics card, and for the mobo yous hould head to Asus ive had great experieces ith them

Stanran

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

I'm not in the US... An i3 is 1 thousand bucks here. Sigh, I'm not gonna be able to afford a gaming Pc, even if I build it, unless I'm rich once I live in the Caribbean, it looks like, lol. Whatever. Fml. Thanks for the help, everyone.

But I suppose those $1000 are not US dollars? What currency is used at your country?

Also, can't you order from somewhere like amazon? Those shops you linked aren't computer part stores, they are generic "computer" shops which have very little computer components in stock.

Stanran

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

We don't have any online Pc/parts stores here. You gotta go to a store, if you want anything. And no, it's not US Dollars. It's TT Dollars. That's Trinidad & Tobago Currency. Caribbean. Here is a converter, so you guys can better understand what I'd be paying for parts, or an entire system. Enter the prices of the best gaming parts you know, and prepare to be like "WTF?" when you see what I have to pay. http://coinmill.com/TTD_USD.html#USD=

You're not making much sense ;P. If you're paying in currency that's worth less (in case 1000 TT is much less than 1000 USD), it doesn't mean you actually pay more - it's worth the same (500 USD = 3200 TT).

Anyway, can you order from amazon?

Stanran

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

Yes, but my mom cancelled her Credit Card, so nomore online shopping. :( .. And we don't have a skybox, or anything special, so we're gonna have to pay more, for shipping too. :(
Does Amazon have good prices, on Pc parts? I checked Newegg, but they are out-of-stock, on all the motherboards I checked. Sigh.