Saitek x52 Profile problem

Auriga1337

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2013
Ok, here's my deal. I have a Saitek x52 FCS that I use to play... well, various flying games. Anyways, recently I've noticed that when I'm playing, occasionally the LED/MFD's on the throttle and stick will flash, and I'll hear the "Hardware Disconnected" sound from my computer.

I checked various forums and it seems this is a common thing, apparently some of the wires will come loose on occasion and can cause this when making hard turns with the sticks.

The reset itself isn't really a problem; however, what IS a problem is that I'm using the SST software to program the buttons for each specific game, and whenever the joystick is cycled (as in disconnected then reconnected) it defaults to a blank profile. This also includes the sudden, unexplained resets. However, whenever it resets and drops my profile my game becomes impossible to play without my mapped buttons. I have to save it, quit, go to the software and reset the profile, and THEN start the game all over again, since it seems to dislike being minimized (whenever I Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of the game it crashes upon restart).

Isn't there a way I can get the SST software to "remember" which profile was assigned when the controller is unplugged, and automatically assign that profile when it's connected again?

your best bet is to get a soldering iron out and repair the wiring. you can save your game profile as the default so that when the stick crashes it will auto load that 1 back up but in reality thats just a work around for a mechanical failour thats only gonna get worse.
you will need a set of jewlers screwdrivers and a 15w soldering iron.