Could do with more GTA games

About every 2 years another Grand Theft Auto game comes out
About every 2 months or so another Sims 2 game comes out

It would be cool if these Grand Theft Auto games came out more often, more
mass produced.

--More people working on them; because if they hurry up with them, then they
wouldn't be as good
quality as they are now.
I for one would buy them
And then people would have more of a selection when they go to Electronics
Botique: A state like San Fransisco, San Diego, LA, London, or Japan, or
possibly the moon.

This game Grand Theft Auto's not just like a game, it's like a cheap way of
travelling. You could go anywhere without having to worry about expenses,
and things REALLY happening to you. And you can do what you want. You just
have to get a VERY good computer, a plasma screen and 'the game'.

Rockstar Games would make a lot more money with more Grand Theft Auto games.

"@" <debeck@telus.net> wrote in news:z_o0e.104042$fc4.103709@edtnps89:

> Rockstar Games would make a lot more money with more Grand Theft Auto
> games.

True, but you would get even more people asking "Where can I download 'GTA:
<whatever>'" on this newsgroup...

-lyj

LastYJ <carsx88-6012@yahoo.comm.> wrote:
> "@" <debeck@telus.net> wrote in news:z_o0e.104042$fc4.103709@edtnps89:

>> Rockstar Games would make a lot more money with more Grand Theft Auto
>> games.
>>

> True, but you would get even more people asking "Where can I download 'GTA:
> <whatever>'" on this newsgroup...

Not to mention big foot sightings.

>About every 2 years another Grand Theft Auto game comes out
> About every 2 months or so another Sims 2 game comes out
> It would be cool if these Grand Theft Auto games came out more often

But people like me with a job, a family, a life,... would never keep
up!
It's been more than 2 years since I've got this PS2 and VC, and still
haven't found the time to finish it! I've already started SA - stuff to
explore for the next 4 years at least!... ;-)

More seriously, even with more people working on it, I don't think we
could get the same level of quality if they shipped new games 20 times
more often...
It's not only a question of programming or designing graphics... It's
missions design, dialogues, ambient,... that have the most impact.
Look at how many movies go out every week - how many of them have a
good scenario, atmosphere, interest?

As far as the business side goes:
- The last 3 GTA games have had a "life-span" of one to several years
(I don't know the english word for it, I mean that each game can
entertain even a hardcore player for lots of months).
R* wouldn't need the life-span of each game to be so huge if they
released one game every 2 month.
- Plus, I'm sure the 2-years anticipation of San Andreas, with its
false rumours, fantasies, teasers, add campaign, etc, is a very
important factor into the massive sell success of the game. Players
would quicky be bored even with similar games released every 2
months...

J.

jasper

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2003

@ wrote:
> About every 2 years another Grand Theft Auto game comes out
> About every 2 months or so another Sims 2 game comes out

Which indicates "The Sims - anothersillyaddon" gets boring very quickly,
so to keep happy customers, EA Games has to develop a new add-on with
some silly extras every 2 months. Meanwhile, GTA users stay pleased with
their 2 year old version of the latest game, and could still have fun
for the next 2 years ;)

Jasper.

Caden schrieb:

>>True, but you would get even more people asking "Where can I download 'GTA:
>><whatever>'" on this newsgroup...
>

> Not to mention big foot sightings.

Or UFOs.

CU, Venty