Video Card for Aladdin MB

I have an old P5-120 (upgraded to AMD K6-2 400Mhz, 96Mg RAM) for which I
recently had to replace the monitor for the second time. The first
replacement was a used 15-in Compaq monitor probably as old as the PC,
so it worked fine. The current replacement, however, is a new Samsung
793MB flat tube 17-in CRT. Although the original STB PowerGraph 64 can
do the recommended 1024x768 at an 85Hz refresh rate at 16-bit colors, I
can't seem to get rid of a curve in horizontal lines in programs (such
as menu bars, etc.), particularly at the top of the screen, no matter
how much I adjust the OSD, or even the resolution, refresh rate, etc.
I'm quessing the old PowerGraph can't adjust its signal to properly use
the flat tube. I'm using the 1999 driver for the PowerGraph that came
in Windows 98SE.

So, my questions:

1) Any quick fixes, and, if not,
2) Would a "newer" video card fix this, and if so, any suggestions? In
past inquiries in this news group the Matrox Millenium and Millenium II,
Creative Labs Blaster Banshee PCI, ATI Xpert-98 and ATI Rage-II/Pro have
been recommended. Any preferences among these or other recommendations?

Thanks,
John Hale

John,

I recommend either a Matrox Millenium II (or maybe a newer Matrox PCI card, if
it exists) or an ATI Rage card. Both have excellent drivers and utilities to
tweak refresh rate... Ben Myers