Ok guys, I did it again - turned off the fan for my 120.1 radiator and watched the temps rise on my athlon 64 (No hair dryer this time! :evil: (for those who remember)).

CPU was getting up to 60, the GPU getting to around 80 the pump did the shut down thing when it got too hot - so I had a overclocked A64 (1.6VCore) running completly off the water left in the block, some thermal throttling must have occured as the temps were stable at 58/60c for about 10mins (remember pump off!), and GPU stedily rose to about 110c.

I decided to turn off the PC, wait for the pump to work again...and I'm back here - reporting wierd temp 'problem'

Previously my CPU load temp was around 42c, now it is at 31c ful load (26 idle)

The GPU temps are the same.

Whats going on?!

Ok seriously guys, what could have happened?

CPUz reports 2.45 Ghz clock and 1.64 VCore which is to be expected from my o/c - but temp readings have dropped significantly, the CPU is still at 30c on full load (folding@home)

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
When in doubt, reboot. It is amazing how many problems that can solve, lol.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
I don't get what you've got against MSI, they've been very reliable to me, and overclocks great, true they don't offer insane voltages like Abit/DFI/Epox, but they're much better in terms of price for performance than most other companies, and especially Asus.