Super Thin Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Has Sandy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Great piece of kit. (kind of what u expect from Lenovo)

More battery life from the internal battery would be nice. "up to 5.2hours" isn't all that much for a 3.7pound ultra portable...

btw: a buttonless touchpad just like on MacBooks? Awesome!!
Want it. NOW!

G

High use, on the road, rugged machine, this fits the bill perfectly, with tons of ooh and wow!

Its not for Gaming, but work!

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]When I saw Sandy Bridge, I immediately resigned to the fact that this will also be crippled by what Intel calls "graphics".[/citation]
You really expect to grind out some decent framerates from an ultra-slim factor notebook? I think you have a very skewed perspective of this machine's target demographic.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
It's a fantastic Windows Laptop. The battery technology has been in use by Apple since the introduction of their unibody macbook pros. I would love to see how with the same options it matches the about to be released Macbook Air which will compete with it directly.

nadavp3

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
I know what you are all going to say about target audience but I want this with a radeon hf6650 1gb, toss in a FN key to swap the two and I'll but this laptop right now.

.. I wonder if AMD really is going to pull off a fight on this, radeon HD6k as the GPU core of the cpu will put the intel HD3000 to shame

DigitalKilla_FL

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
I use the Lenovo X120e for worm and love it. I get almost 8 hours of battery life when using the battery stretch feature and the keyboard rocks. The build quality is phenomenal.

If would buy the X1 but if the price is a little steep go for the X120e and install and SSD or order it with an SSD and you are good to go.

Djhg2000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
I just hate it when they pull legacy keys from the keyboard, like SysRq which is used for emergency kernel commands in Linux, or the Scroll Lock key which is used to pause kernel output.

I'm not supposed to need an external keyboard for a 17" computer.

Djhg2000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
[citation][nom]djhg2000[/nom]I just hate it when they pull legacy keys from the keyboard, like SysRq which is used for emergency kernel commands in Linux, or the Scroll Lock key which is used to pause kernel output.I'm not supposed to need an external keyboard for a 17" computer.[/citation]

Actually I misread the article, it's a 17 mm thin laptop with a 13 inch screen size.

Anyway my 17" HP still lacks those keys, so the point still makes some sense.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Aren't thinkpads supposed to be no-nonsense computers that are plain and high quality? This isn't exactly no-nonsense. I prefer my 11.6" x120e, thank you very much. If I needed more power, I'd get the 12.5" x220, which also uses 2nd gen Intel i series processors.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Oh, and it uses a glossy screen. I buy business systems specifically to avoid crap like gloss. Putting a glossy screen on a thinkpad is just ruining the brand name. I want MATTE. That's why I buy business systems, duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.