Realtek No stereo mix

shazzmoe

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
I've spent several hours trying to figure out how to get the "what you hear" option to work on my laptop.

Laptop: Asus F50SV is the model and it has a Realtek HD audio built in sound card running windows 7 Pro 64bit

Most people say just go into the Recording tab and check the "Show Disabled Devices" box in order to show the stereo mixer. However nothing displays when I do this. I have the most up to date realtek driver (R2.54 not from Asus, as there's is outdated and causes regular sound to skip)

does anyone know if there is a fix to get the what you hear option available? I really need it in order to stream sounds from my computer to other computers (currently using ventrillo to do this and it works great on my desktop)

shazzmoe

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
what driver did you update? I have tried their audio driver they have for my laptop. However it's from 2009 and causes audio to scratch to the point where its better with no sound. (this driver they have posted is just an outdated realtek driver and nothing asus specific)

shazzmoe

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
I have found a program that allows me to do what I want without fixing this issue. I installed VAC and everything seems to work as I want it to. The issue is still there but no longer a concern