Thermaltake CL-W0005

Leris

Distinguished
May 4, 2005
im thinking about getting a water cooling system .. i have a P4 2.8 Prescott and was looking around the forums and found Thermaltake CL-W0005 BigWater 12CM Liquid Cooling System and was wondering if this would be a good one

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
no, unless you want to throw money in the trash.

build your own, or throw more money in the trash for a better kit, but for god sakes, not the big water.

<font color=red>One Lowe</font color=red>

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
Best air is XP120 made by thermalright.

For simple kits look for ones made by Swiftech, very high quality and great performance, a bit overpriced, it's for people who doesn't feel like salvaging parts from junkyards and walmart.

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
don't jump straight to air now, there's more water cooling options than just kits, here i'll give u a basic setup.

lain d4(new revision)
DD rbx (or swifttech 6000)
DD maze 4 (for gfx card)
tygon tubing
120.2 heatercore
2 100cfm+ fans
some kind of resevoir
water wetter

basic setup, very good performance

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
I prefer to get everything swiftech, because they design them with future upgrade in mind, you can always keep using your waterblock with a simple adaptor. DD on the otherhand requires top replacement which costs 2x more.

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
your right on that point, but the RBX skeets all over the swiftechs with enough flow (especially with the accelerator nozzles). the future upgradability is not that big of a deal because people usually get stuck with teh same socket for awhile...

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
Well my watercooling has been through SocketA, Socket478, Socket754, now Socket939 and the cpu part's retired because i've got Prometeia now, BTW i had a very cheap and crappy waterblock the Zalman ZM-WB2, but with peltier chilled water, that didn't matter:D

The performance difference is very small between the RBX and MCW6002, and setting up RBX is a mess with all the y adaptors. I really like Swiftech's peltier products, they're of very high quality, in fact the peltiers they use are top notch and rarely ever malfunctions. So if you don't mind doing a little insulation work and have huge radiators, you could look into those, they can lower your temps as far as 20C below ambient temperature.

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
I don't know about that block, if you're going to use it, you'd better have nothing else connected to that same pump, because the water resistent is FAR too high.