motherboard replacement

I have a 667c model computer,motherboard is labeled 601m-24agm,with a
celeron667 MHZ processor,370 pga.370 board,memory 133u.?what type of
motherboard can I replace it with. a friend toll me that the only thing I
have to look at is the cpu 370 is this true?
7 answers Last reply
More about motherboard replacement

    Possible replacements depend on the size and form factor of the motherboard.
    Open up the case and look at the board.

    Gateway seems to have used 3 styles of boards with 667MHz Celerons:

    NLX, which slides laterally along the bottom of the case into a slot on a
    vertical riser card to which add-in cards may be inserted.
    microATX, which has 4 PCI slots.
    flex ATX, which is very small and has two PCI slots.

    Only the microATX board offers a reasonable prospect of board replacement, and
    to go to a Pentium 4, you'll also need a Pentium 4-capable power supply.

    For the other two types, the best hope is a processor upgrade, maybe to a faster
    Pentium III, the fastest one supported by the board... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:41:46 -0400, "miguel" <brymisu@peoplepc.com> wrote:

    >I have a 667c model computer,motherboard is labeled 601m-24agm,with a
    >celeron667 MHZ processor,370 pga.370 board,memory 133u.?what type of
    >motherboard can I replace it with. a friend toll me that the only thing I
    >have to look at is the cpu 370 is this true?

    Your best bet is to use another of the same board. Try www.skyline-eng.com
    for Gateway board replacements.

    "miguel" <brymisu@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
    > I have a 667c model computer,motherboard is labeled 601m-24agm,with a
    > celeron667 MHZ processor,370 pga.370 board,memory 133u.?what type of
    > motherboard can I replace it with. a friend toll me that the only thing I
    > have to look at is the cpu 370 is this true?

    THANK YOU BEN AND EDWARD FOR THE INFO ON THE MOTHERBOARD.SINCE I LAST
    POSTED MY QUESTION,I HAVE REPLACE THE ORIGINAL POWER SUPPLY FOR A NEW ATX
    CASE THAT HAS THE POWER SUPPLY INCLUDED WICH IS A 400W.?CAN I USE ANY
    MOTHERBOARD THAT IS A 370,MY CPU SAYS PGA 370.

    .... and be prepared to pay Skyline Engineering more for a board than the entire
    system is worth... Ben Myers

    On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:30:54 GMT, "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote:

    >Your best bet is to use another of the same board. Try www.skyline-eng.com
    >for Gateway board replacements.
    >

    >"miguel" <brymisu@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
    >> I have a 667c model computer,motherboard is labeled 601m-24agm,with a
    >> celeron667 MHZ processor,370 pga.370 board,memory 133u.?what type of
    >> motherboard can I replace it with. a friend toll me that the only thing I
    >> have to look at is the cpu 370 is this true?

    If the motherboard is an ATX or microATX form factor, it will work just fine in
    another ATX case... Ben Myers

    On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 20:20:34 -0400, "miguel" <brymisu@peoplepc.com> wrote:

    >THANK YOU BEN AND EDWARD FOR THE INFO ON THE MOTHERBOARD.SINCE I LAST
    >POSTED MY QUESTION,I HAVE REPLACE THE ORIGINAL POWER SUPPLY FOR A NEW ATX
    >CASE THAT HAS THE POWER SUPPLY INCLUDED WICH IS A 400W.?CAN I USE ANY
    >MOTHERBOARD THAT IS A 370,MY CPU SAYS PGA 370.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    I have this motherboard. A few months late, but if you
    are still looking email me with the words GATEWAY 667 in
    caps in the subject.
    Hardly ever read my email, unless it comes to a filtered
    file.

    PJC
  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    I have this motherboard. A few months late, but if you
    are still looking email me with the words GATEWAY 667 in
    caps in the subject.
    Hardly ever read my email, unless it comes to a filtered
    file.

    PJC

Gateway Computer Processors Motherboards Computers