motherboard replacement

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
July 1, 2004 1:41:46 AM

I have a 667c model computer,motherboard is labeled 601m-24agm,with a
celeron667 MHZ processor,370 pga.370 board,memory 133u.?what type of
motherboard can I replace it with. a friend toll me that the only thing I
have to look at is the cpu 370 is this true?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 1, 2004 7:07:19 AM

Possible replacements depend on the size and form factor of the motherboard.
Open up the case and look at the board.

Gateway seems to have used 3 styles of boards with 667MHz Celerons:

NLX, which slides laterally along the bottom of the case into a slot on a
vertical riser card to which add-in cards may be inserted.
microATX, which has 4 PCI slots.
flex ATX, which is very small and has two PCI slots.

Only the microATX board offers a reasonable prospect of board replacement, and
to go to a Pentium 4, you'll also need a Pentium 4-capable power supply.

For the other two types, the best hope is a processor upgrade, maybe to a faster
Pentium III, the fastest one supported by the board... Ben Myers

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:41:46 -0400, "miguel" <brymisu@peoplepc.com> wrote:

>I have a 667c model computer,motherboard is labeled 601m-24agm,with a
>celeron667 MHZ processor,370 pga.370 board,memory 133u.?what type of
>motherboard can I replace it with. a friend toll me that the only thing I
>have to look at is the cpu 370 is this true?

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 1, 2004 4:30:54 PM

Your best bet is to use another of the same board. Try www.skyline-eng.com
for Gateway board replacements.

"miguel" <brymisu@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
> I have a 667c model computer,motherboard is labeled 601m-24agm,with a
> celeron667 MHZ processor,370 pga.370 board,memory 133u.?what type of
> motherboard can I replace it with. a friend toll me that the only thing I
> have to look at is the cpu 370 is this true?

Related resources
July 2, 2004 12:20:34 AM

THANK YOU BEN AND EDWARD FOR THE INFO ON THE MOTHERBOARD.SINCE I LAST
POSTED MY QUESTION,I HAVE REPLACE THE ORIGINAL POWER SUPPLY FOR A NEW ATX
CASE THAT HAS THE POWER SUPPLY INCLUDED WICH IS A 400W.?CAN I USE ANY
MOTHERBOARD THAT IS A 370,MY CPU SAYS PGA 370.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 2, 2004 12:55:18 AM

.... and be prepared to pay Skyline Engineering more for a board than the entire
system is worth... Ben Myers

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:30:54 GMT, "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote:

>Your best bet is to use another of the same board. Try www.skyline-eng.com
>for Gateway board replacements.
>

>"miguel" <brymisu@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>> I have a 667c model computer,motherboard is labeled 601m-24agm,with a
>> celeron667 MHZ processor,370 pga.370 board,memory 133u.?what type of
>> motherboard can I replace it with. a friend toll me that the only thing I
>> have to look at is the cpu 370 is this true?

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 2, 2004 5:17:11 AM

If the motherboard is an ATX or microATX form factor, it will work just fine in
another ATX case... Ben Myers

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 20:20:34 -0400, "miguel" <brymisu@peoplepc.com> wrote:

>THANK YOU BEN AND EDWARD FOR THE INFO ON THE MOTHERBOARD.SINCE I LAST
>POSTED MY QUESTION,I HAVE REPLACE THE ORIGINAL POWER SUPPLY FOR A NEW ATX
>CASE THAT HAS THE POWER SUPPLY INCLUDED WICH IS A 400W.?CAN I USE ANY
>MOTHERBOARD THAT IS A 370,MY CPU SAYS PGA 370.

September 12, 2004 8:13:53 PM

I have this motherboard. A few months late, but if you
are still looking email me with the words GATEWAY 667 in
caps in the subject.
Hardly ever read my email, unless it comes to a filtered
file.

PJC
September 12, 2004 8:14:41 PM

!