Athlon 64 4000+ & Gainward 6800Ultra

Wingerr

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
Hi,

What's the best way to cool Athlon 64 4000+ and Gainward's Geforce 6800 Ultra?
The most important for me is the noise - I want it possibly noiseless, totally quiet.
I was thinking about Zalman's Reserator 1, but will that be enough even for a processor only?
If it will work for CPU but not CPU + GPU, I think about using two separate Reserators, one for processor, other for graphics...

Or there is any other product I should look at, which I can buy in Ireland/UK? Or maybe something else than water cooling?

What say you?

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
Get an Astec waterchill kit, the one with the 3 fans radiator, with possibility to mount 6, that'll cool your computer nicely, and the fans that comes with the kit are very quite. Definently quiter than your chipset/power fans.

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
uhh... i'm gonna be straight forward, Reserator is crap...period. the intention of it was good, but it does NOT work well. the purpose of water cooling is mostly to OC, but the totally silent and the 20dbs isn't very different. get a BIP2 and put some quiet fans on them and it'll do a MUCH better job than the Reserator

<font color=red>gforce mx100/200 @ 230/440 =]</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Reserator has the quietest pump I've tested, no fan noise, and works fine with an overclocked 2.6C at 3.2GHz and 9600Pro at XT speed...

His GPU might produce twice the heat, but I bet his CPU produces a lot less.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>