Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

Damn it, I'll catch up with you guys some time soon. :0)

Some of those races in LV airport are a bitch;namely the ones with the
Stuntplane and the Hydra (took me nearly 19mins as I did it in hover mode).
But the race tournaments really clock up the percentages as you finish them.

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:37:54 +0100, "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote:

>Damn it, I'll catch up with you guys some time soon. :0)
>
>Some of those races in LV airport are a bitch;namely the ones with the
>Stuntplane and the Hydra (took me nearly 19mins as I did it in hover mode).
>But the race tournaments really clock up the percentages as you finish them.

yup. i have one left: country endurance with the bullet in SF.
93.58%

you can always go back later and up your time with the hydra,
or any of the races, challenges.

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

"Luke §ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:37:54 +0100, "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote:
>
>>Damn it, I'll catch up with you guys some time soon. :0)
>>
>>Some of those races in LV airport are a bitch;namely the ones with the
>>Stuntplane and the Hydra (took me nearly 19mins as I did it in hover
>>mode).
>>But the race tournaments really clock up the percentages as you finish
>>them.
>>
> yup. i have one left: country endurance with the bullet in SF.
> 93.58%
>
> you can always go back later and up your time with the hydra,
> or any of the races, challenges.

Country endurance takes ages BUT the Banshee (that I had read was the
biggest threat in the race) got involved in a crash on the very first turn
and got stuck behind a solid wire fence. Then it was a matter of getting the
lead and not doing anything stupid until the end. The bullet rocks.
The helicopter checkpoint "races" were a breath of fresh air and a nice
flashback to the 4 sparrow missions in VC.
So far my biggest threats to getting 100% look to be "Air Raid" (& the rest
of the Zero RC asset missions) and the NRG-500 challenge...at least based on
the number of my failed attempts. Must....keep....trying.

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:44:07 +0100, "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote:

>"Luke §ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:37:54 +0100, "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote:
>>
>>>Damn it, I'll catch up with you guys some time soon. :0)
>>>
>>>Some of those races in LV airport are a bitch;namely the ones with the
>>>Stuntplane and the Hydra (took me nearly 19mins as I did it in hover
>>>mode).
>>>But the race tournaments really clock up the percentages as you finish
>>>them.
>>>
>> yup. i have one left: country endurance with the bullet in SF.
>> 93.58%
>>
>> you can always go back later and up your time with the hydra,
>> or any of the races, challenges.
>
>Country endurance takes ages BUT the Banshee (that I had read was the
>biggest threat in the race) got involved in a crash on the very first turn
>and got stuck behind a solid wire fence. Then it was a matter of getting the
>lead and not doing anything stupid until the end. The bullet rocks.
>The helicopter checkpoint "races" were a breath of fresh air and a nice
>flashback to the 4 sparrow missions in VC.
>So far my biggest threats to getting 100% look to be "Air Raid" (& the rest
>of the Zero RC asset missions) and the NRG-500 challenge...at least based on
>the number of my failed attempts. Must....keep....trying.

i love the NRG challenge....but what kills me is a common one,
the ammu-nation challenge. funny, i know chicks that can't get
paramedic, firefighter, BMX challenge, any jumps at all, and yet...
two of them breezed thru ammu-nation challenge. curse them.
yeah, zero, what a little f**k. not required for 100%,
but then, as stated here many times, who wants a big Z hangin'
around...quarry still causing grief here as well. when i get
frustrated i go for the unique jumps and various triple insanes and
grinds. 61 out of 70 jumps done, not many left...
good luck by the way. sounds like you'll be 100% in no time. ; )

"Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote in message

> Really? According to the guide they do. I hope you're right.

Nope. I didn't bother. I just did the one with Ryder that you have to do
for a mission early in the game. Got my 100% without doing any more
burglaries.

--cleve

In message <dZI1e.23519$v26.17468@fed1read06>
"Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

> The burglaries don't count toward 100%. Don't bother.

I'm absolutely certain it does, check the 100% guide on gamefaqs.com ,
this chap did what I did and counted the percentages as he progressed
through the game.

Gaining $10,000 from the Home Invasion is essential.

Cheers,
Rob

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In message <dZI1e.23519$v26.17468@fed1read06>
> "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> The burglaries don't count toward 100%. Don't bother.
>
> I'm absolutely certain it does, check the 100% guide on gamefaqs.com ,
> this chap did what I did and counted the percentages as he progressed
> through the game.

Which one? VampireHorde stresses at least 3 times that it's unnecessary.
ChiTownBluesFan says that the mission "Home Invasion" is necessary (true),
but that completing Burglaries yielded zero toward 100%.

I'll check my stats next time I play, but I've got 100% and all the goodies
that go with it -- and I never did any $10000 worth of burglaries.

Save it for last. I think you'll find you don't need to bother.

--cleve

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

"Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote in message

> "Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> In message <dZI1e.23519$v26.17468@fed1read06>
>> "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> The burglaries don't count toward 100%. Don't bother.
>>
>> I'm absolutely certain it does, check the 100% guide on gamefaqs.com ,
>> this chap did what I did and counted the percentages as he progressed
>> through the game.
>
> Which one? VampireHorde stresses at least 3 times that it's unnecessary.
> ChiTownBluesFan says that the mission "Home Invasion" is necessary (true),
> but that completing Burglaries yielded zero toward 100%.
>
> I'll check my stats next time I play, but I've got 100% and all the
> goodies that go with it -- and I never did any $10000 worth of burglaries.
>
> Save it for last. I think you'll find you don't need to bother.
>
> --cleve

You are correct. I noted my percentage right before I cashed in my last haul
to get $10000. I got the usual mission complete music BUT no change in
percentage.
So although it's not necessary, it turned out to be kind of fun once I got
into the swing of things.
I especially liked the house I found in Rockshore West where I entered and
there was no noise meter on screen. I thought it was a glitch and then I
realized I had entered my safe house. Doh!!!!!

> i love the NRG challenge....but what kills me is a common one,
> the ammu-nation challenge. funny, i know chicks that can't get
> paramedic, firefighter, BMX challenge, any jumps at all, and yet...
> two of them breezed thru ammu-nation challenge. curse them.
> yeah, zero, what a little f**k. not required for 100%,
> but then, as stated here many times, who wants a big Z hangin'
> around...quarry still causing grief here as well. when i get
> frustrated i go for the unique jumps and various triple insanes and
> grinds. 61 out of 70 jumps done, not many left...
> good luck by the way. sounds like you'll be 100% in no time. ; )

Finally passed the NRG-500 challenge on Tuesday. I just changed the camera
view and got it first time....after at least 50 goes....maybe even 100 on my
normal view.
Did the quarry missions Tuesday also. Had to repeat a couple but got through
them pretty quickly...though with very little finesse it must be said. :)
So what's left now:
Chiliad Challenge - this has turned into my new pain. I even tried the
sniping option but some cyclists leave the area once the race is finished.
Cowards. :)
8-track & Dirttrack - haven't even come close to winning these yet.
Zero Missions (not beefy baron) - I can pass Air Raid using the 'destroy all
vehicles' cheat. If they're not necessary for 100% I'll leave 'em.
Just finished Don Peyote.
I've found 70 out of 70 jumps. 68 complete. Can't do two in Los Santos.
Thankfully they don't count for 100%.
I'm looking forward to my Frankie t-shirt.

> Zero Missions (not beefy baron) - I can pass Air Raid using the 'destroy
> all vehicles' cheat. If they're not necessary for 100% I'll leave 'em.

Unfortunately, they DO count toward 100% (but they aren't necessary for
finishing the main story line).

> I've found 70 out of 70 jumps. 68 complete. Can't do two in Los Santos.
> Thankfully they don't count for 100%.

Nope. Don't count. I only did the ones you can't help doing during
missions.

> I'm looking forward to my Frankie t-shirt.

Hmm. I must have missed something. What's that?

> "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote in message
>>
>> Zero Missions (not beefy baron) - I can pass Air Raid using the 'destroy
>> all vehicles' cheat. If they're not necessary for 100% I'll leave 'em.
>
> Unfortunately, they DO count toward 100% (but they aren't necessary for
> finishing the main story line).
>
>> I've found 70 out of 70 jumps. 68 complete. Can't do two in Los Santos.
>> Thankfully they don't count for 100%.
>
> Nope. Don't count. I only did the ones you can't help doing during
> missions.
>
>> I'm looking forward to my Frankie t-shirt.
>
> Hmm. I must have missed something. What's that?
>
> --cleve

I'm joking. Wasn't the T-shirt reward for 100% Vice City called the Frankie
T-Shirt? I don't believe there's anything like that in this one.

> I'm joking. Wasn't the T-shirt reward for 100% Vice City called the
> Frankie T-Shirt? I don't believe there's anything like that in this one.

Oh. I don't recall it being called that, but yes there was a shirt. That's
why I thought maybe there's a shirt for SA, too, at one of the shops or
something.

--cleve

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:13:58 +0100, "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote:

>"Luke §ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
>> i love the NRG challenge....but what kills me is a common one,
>> the ammu-nation challenge. funny, i know chicks that can't get
>> paramedic, firefighter, BMX challenge, any jumps at all, and yet...
>> two of them breezed thru ammu-nation challenge. curse them.
>> yeah, zero, what a little f**k. not required for 100%,
>> but then, as stated here many times, who wants a big Z hangin'
>> around...quarry still causing grief here as well. when i get
>> frustrated i go for the unique jumps and various triple insanes and
>> grinds. 61 out of 70 jumps done, not many left...
>> good luck by the way. sounds like you'll be 100% in no time. ; )
>
>Finally passed the NRG-500 challenge on Tuesday. I just changed the camera
>view and got it first time....after at least 50 goes....maybe even 100 on my
>normal view.
>Did the quarry missions Tuesday also. Had to repeat a couple but got through
>them pretty quickly...though with very little finesse it must be said. :)
>So what's left now:
>Chiliad Challenge - this has turned into my new pain. I even tried the
>sniping option but some cyclists leave the area once the race is finished.
>Cowards. :)
>8-track & Dirttrack - haven't even come close to winning these yet.
>Zero Missions (not beefy baron) - I can pass Air Raid using the 'destroy all
>vehicles' cheat. If they're not necessary for 100% I'll leave 'em.
>Just finished Don Peyote.
>I've found 70 out of 70 jumps. 68 complete. Can't do two in Los Santos.
>Thankfully they don't count for 100%.
>I'm looking forward to my Frankie t-shirt.

There's a bit of a mastering trick to 8-Track. Mostly driving skill.
Still in 2nd-3rd place in Dirt Track though, only a matter of time.
Don't forget the 2nd LV Stadium event, Kickstart. (easy by comparison)
Getting through the Quarry missions now.
Yes Chiliad Challenge is another bit of fun....
I've found 70/70 U.Jumps, but only 63 done. Go over them later....
I remember the Frankie shirt.

Have you done the triathlons? 'Beat the Cock' L0L
after the first bit of swimming, you can blow them away
in both triathlons with the mountain bike, and finally, the run.

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:13:58 +0100, "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote:
>
> Have you done the triathlons? 'Beat the Cock' L0L
> after the first bit of swimming, you can blow them away
> in both triathlons with the mountain bike, and finally, the run.
> L§

You know, I haven't tried those yet, myself. (Not needed for 100%, but
something fun to do, I'm sure.)

--cleve

> I especially liked the house I found in Rockshore West where I entered and
> there was no noise meter on screen. I thought it was a glitch and then I
> realized I had entered my safe house. Doh!!!!!

Did you manage to make any money robbing from yourself?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

"M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote in message
> "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote in message
>
>> I especially liked the house I found in Rockshore West where I entered
>> and
>> there was no noise meter on screen. I thought it was a glitch and then I
>> realized I had entered my safe house. Doh!!!!!
>>

> Did you manage to make any money robbing from yourself?

> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nein. I had nothing worth robbing. ;-)

Razor wrote:

> "M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote in message
> > "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote in message
> >
> >> I especially liked the house I found in Rockshore West where I entered
> >> and
> >> there was no noise meter on screen. I thought it was a glitch and then I
> >> realized I had entered my safe house. Doh!!!!!
> >>

> > Did you manage to make any money robbing from yourself?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
> >

> Nein. I had nothing worth robbing. ;-)

should buy one of the flash houses in San Fiero or Las venturas...
that little round orange telly!
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look

> "Luke §ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:13:58 +0100, "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Have you done the triathlons? 'Beat the Cock' L0L
>> after the first bit of swimming, you can blow them away
>> in both triathlons with the mountain bike, and finally, the run.
>> L§
>
> You know, I haven't tried those yet, myself. (Not needed for 100%, but
> something fun to do, I'm sure.)
>
> --cleve

I did the long one from the Lagoon. Got a pretty decent lead on the bike BUT
CJ started to slow down running on the Strip and everyone passed me out. I
finished last. I have my stamina maxed out so I think I'm either carrying
too much fat (i keep it around 20%) or max muscle is bad for these races.