Configuring a Hardware Firewall Within a Router

I have a Castlenet AR502 Router and want to open some ports for
inbound access.

Is there a way for me to do this at home??

I am running Win98 SE and have a personal PC with a
DSL/ethernet/router internet acess.

Thanks

bbildman@hiwaay.net (Bernie Bildman) wrote in

> I have a Castlenet AR502 Router and want to open some ports for
> inbound access.
>
> Is there a way for me to do this at home??
>
> I am running Win98 SE and have a personal PC with a
> DSL/ethernet/router internet acess.
>
> Thanks

It's called Port Forwarding. My advise would be to go to the router's
Website Support Knowledge Base it should have one and look-up how to do
Port Forwarding, or call the Thec Support on the phone and have them help
you on how to configure the router.

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/explain/port-forwarding-dmz.asp

You should stay out of the DMZ, if the router has it.

Duane :)