E815 availability

It's now on the VZW website, as well as a new Motorola press release.
Anyone obtain one yet? Any updates compared to the V710? Aside from VCast,
I would imagine there would be minor software updates. Thanks!
--
Charles C. Shyu
http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

    "Charles C. Shyu" <charles_shyu@nymc.edu> wrote in message
    > It's now on the VZW website, as well as a new Motorola press release.
    > Anyone obtain one yet? Any updates compared to the V710? Aside from
    VCast,
    > I would imagine there would be minor software updates. Thanks!

    I bought one July 4th. With the "new every two" plan, my phone was free.

    I haven't had a chance to try the Bluetooth or other capabilities, yet.
    It's a solid phone, a little on the heavy side. It has excellent
    reception -- it gives me a solid signal where my LG6000 (which, in itself,
    wasn't a bad phone) did not. The speaker phone is very good. Sound quality
    is excellent and plenty loud -- even with my bad ear. The display is nice
    though, like all contemporary Verizon phones, far too heavy on the cutsy GUI
    junk (first "personalization" thing I did was specify "text" instead of
    "icons" for the menuing. It has a nice, loud ring/

    I haven't tried either still photos or video -- I have no interest in
    either.

    According to Howard Forums, many of the same seem edits that worked on the
    V710 work on the E815, including one that will enable DUN (though there are
    other reports of DUN working out of the box).

    I've ordered Mobile Phone Tools and a data cable. I'll probably pick up a
    Bluetooth headset later this week. I'll report back if anyone's interested.

    Charles C. Shyu wrote:
    > It's now on the VZW website, as well as a new Motorola press release.
    > Anyone obtain one yet? Any updates compared to the V710? Aside from VCast,
    > I would imagine there would be minor software updates. Thanks!

    I got one yesterday....

    Like it so far...even got it to do the DUN which Verizon said it couldnt
    do. Now I need to sit back and wait for the hacks so I can get edit
    my pics, sounds, etc... from my computer via bluetooth.

    If you have anymore questions...just post and ill respond

    Free????
    They wanted $99 from me.
    Any hints as to how you got it free?

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:53:51 GMT, Charles C. Shyu wrote:

    > It's now on the VZW website, as well as a new Motorola press release.
    > Anyone obtain one yet? Any updates compared to the V710? Aside from VCast,
    > I would imagine there would be minor software updates. Thanks!

    I have the V710 and really like it. Main difference: E815 has no Analog
    capability (V710 does have analog). Try them both ... unless you want
    VCast for an additional monthly fee, I don't see any reason to not choose
    the V710 over the E815.

    "Nate" <nrooke@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I got one yesterday....
    >
    > Like it so far...even got it to do the DUN which Verizon said it couldnt
    > do. Now I need to sit back and wait for the hacks so I can get edit my
    > pics, sounds, etc... from my computer via bluetooth.
    >
    > If you have anymore questions...just post and ill respond

    Anyone go from a V710 to the E815? I'd like to transfer my phone book, WITH
    the associated pics to the new phone. Ideally, I'd also like to transfer
    all my saved text messages to the new phone. Basically, I want everything
    in my old phone in the new one (yeah, I know I'm dreaming)...
    --

    "Richard Ness" <richard.no@gamn.spam.nessnet.com> wrote in message
    > Free????
    > They wanted $99 from me.
    > Any hints as to how you got it free?

    Actually, I think their computer may have screwed up. It was supposed to be
    $50 + $27 for taxes, but with a $50 rebate, dropping the price to just the
    taxes. When I was rung up, the computer charged me just the taxes, no
    rebate necessary.

    Are you sure the $99 was on the "new every two" plan, with a 2 year
    contract?

    My salesman was kind of out-of-it -- very unfamiliar with the phone,
    Bluetooth, etc. Maybe I got a bargain? ;)

    > "PTravel" <ptravel@travelersvideo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> I bought one July 4th. With the "new every two" plan, my phone was free.

    The E815 adds EVDO and like all EVDO phones it has no analog. It's just
    going to be a fact of the future Analog is leaving. So if you want EVDO you
    have to give up analog. But my V710 hasn't gone to Analog once since I have
    owned it. Verizon has really upgraded their network in the Boston/New
    England Area and I'd say Analog is a pretty rare thing today. Typically
    around here now its either no signal or digital and analog not much analog
    only like it was a few years ago.

    John Mullaney wrote:
    > The E815 adds EVDO and like all EVDO phones it has no analog. It's just
    > going to be a fact of the future Analog is leaving. So if you want EVDO you
    > have to give up analog. But my V710 hasn't gone to Analog once since I have
    > owned it. Verizon has really upgraded their network in the Boston/New
    > England Area and I'd say Analog is a pretty rare thing today. Typically
    > around here now its either no signal or digital and analog not much analog
    > only like it was a few years ago.

    But it is a different story in the West. I spent some time on the
    Eastern side of the Sierra Mountains in California, and my phone was in
    analog a LOT of the time, partly due to the high-gain antenna on my car
    connected to the very sensitive V710 being able to access cell sites
    beyond the CDMA distance limit. The debug screen showed the phone trying
    to register on a CDMA system (with a good quality signal), failing, and
    falling back to a strong analog signal.

Verizon Internet Service Providers Product