Best solution for P4 3.4Ghz (northwood socket 478)

mpjesse

Splendid
Wow, I haven't posted in this place in a while. Anywho, can someone give me some suggestions on the best cooling solution (HSF, not water cooling) for a P4 3.4Ghz Northwood/Socket 478? I don't want anything over the top... something simple and works better than the stock cooler provided by Intel. Thanks,

-mpjesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
I'm thinking the best is a Thermaltake XP120, but it won't fit on some mobos, xp90c or Zalman 7000/7700 (7700 may not fit either) are next.

None of them are too far over the top (around/under $50), and work well.

Mike.

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
Thermalright XP120, or the Arctic Cooling Freezer 4.

Thermalright XP120 is the best of the best out there, but IMO the arctic cooling Freezer 4 is the best price/performance ratio heatsink, it performs great and is very very quite.

scottchen

Splendid
Jun 3, 2003
I highly recommend that heatsink, the only downside is that the fan cannot be replaced, but it does have a 5 years warranty from Arctic cooling, but then again, in 5 years i'm sure we'll all be on 32core CPU's.

mpjesse

Splendid
Hehehehe... sup wusy? LTNS. I need a new hobby... one that doesn't include distributing pirated software and movies. So... i think i'm back for at least a little while. I have some catching up to do however. Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

-mpjesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

TRENDING THREADS