Is there such a thing as too much air?

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
I found <A HREF="http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/de12tfexhisp.html" target="_new">this</A> and i was wondering if this would produce any better results on an XP-120 then a 100cfm fan. 65db is insanely loud, but for 220cfm.....thats not bad at all. If you took it down to 100cfm would the Db drop close to 50% as well?

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Thats what i was asking, sometimes things like that would work and other times half the speed means almost no noise reduction.

I want to buy one just to see what 220cfm sounds like and how much air that really is. I have a 65cfm fan that blows a lot of air to me. I can't imagine a 100 let alone a 220.

So if i did get this, i would HAVE to have a fan controler...any that you reccomend?

I think i should get one for intake, one for exhaust, one for CPU cooling and for side panel for gfx card. That shoudn't be too loud...LOL!! i think one of these at full tilt would make me kill myself.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
i just might get this, but i would need a fan controller and also i would have to invent a need for it...lol

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Well let me break the bad news to you...i have no idea what the hell you just said. I assume you said something about my building a controller for this, but i dont know that for sure and i have less then no idea how that would even be done.

I would be interested in having a XP-120 to see where the heat no longer goes down as the speed and cfm increase. But i can't fit a XP-120 on my board now. Maybe in a couple months when i buy some new parts, or if i win the lottery.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
1 i have no idea what your talking about
2 i think the picture confused me more then not having one
3 why is this posted under this topic?
4 Why didn't you make a new thread?
5 Why am i numbering these?